PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3 - posting to forum problems??

Greg Peterson
06-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Twice in the past day I have posted threads on two different forums and when I come back hours later, the post is not there.

I can clearly see the posting immediately after it is posted on the site and nothing leads me to believe it is not actually there.

The only thing different lately is I am running Firefox 3.

Very curious.

Ron Dunn
06-28-2008, 10:33 PM
This may be a silly question, but have the posts been deleted or moved by moderators on those forums?

Try searching for a keyword that was in your posts, or try looking for posts by your name. That won't help if they've been deleted, but might find moved posts.

I have trouble believing that a web browser would not post correctly, especially if you see the posts at least once.

Greg Peterson
06-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Ron, I have to say that in my years of surfing and posting, and using numerous browsers, I've never experienced anything like this at all. And to have two occurrences in one day shortly after upgrading to Firefox 3 is just a little curious.

With that said, in one instance apparently my post was removed, yet the thread remained intact. And now even the thread no longer exists. Which is rather odd seeing that the usual procedure for the site is to simply lock the thread down. Why or how the thread was even allowed to exist on the site is perplexing. So it is.

As for the other site, posts are not moderated.

So, one mystery solved, another yet remains.

Ted Shrader
06-29-2008, 9:46 AM
Greg -

Don't think it is Firefox 3 related. I have had zero problems w/ FF3 since upgrading.
Have any other posts disappeared or just those two? (Obviously this thread is still here.)

Ted

Greg Peterson
06-29-2008, 1:19 PM
One missing post is explained. One missing post remains a mystery.

Oh well.

Jim Becker
06-29-2008, 8:57 PM
I have had zero problem with FF3 on all of the forum sites I visit and post to.

Ron Jones near Indy
06-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Also no problems with FF3.

Chuck Wintle
06-30-2008, 8:14 AM
Twice in the past day I have posted threads on two different forums and when I come back hours later, the post is not there.

I can clearly see the posting immediately after it is posted on the site and nothing leads me to believe it is not actually there.

The only thing different lately is I am running Firefox 3.

Very curious.
No problems here with FF3.