PDA

View Full Version : New ULS bearings?

Craig Hogarth
06-28-2008, 9:53 PM
I've been having problems with banding on my engravings. While replacing bearings and belt did help somewhat, it's still far from perfect. Contacting tech support got me this:

Vertical banding is caused by something mechanical on the arm. I see you’ve replaced belts and bearings already. I’m sending a new style bearing upgrade at greatly reduces banding. Try these and let me know.

I didn't ask him when they came out, but I just bought/replaced bearings about a month ago. I figured I'd share the info.

Mike Mackenzie
06-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Craig,

Do the bearings on your system now have flat sides? look at the picture in this thread.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=48632

The color of the wheels now are black but look at the shape.

If you have these bearings already then I would guess that you need to adjust the X axis belt tension.

If they sent you the Rounds then change them to the flats.

Craig Hogarth
06-30-2008, 2:20 PM
Mike, i don't have the ones in the picture. Mine are rounded where the bearings make contact with the rail. I have the tension set right, but I'll tighten it up a little more and see what happens.

Mike Mackenzie
06-30-2008, 2:23 PM
Craig,

Let them send you the new style bearing and put them on before you mess with the belt tension. Be sure to get these at no additional charge. Then keep the round ones for back-up. Be sure to tell them that you just purchased these.

Craig Hogarth
06-30-2008, 3:02 PM
Thanks Mike, I should be getting the new ones today. ULS tech sent them on Friday. :)

btw, i misread your post. I thought the square ones were the old ones. Good thing i read this again before tinkering.

Craig Hogarth
06-30-2008, 3:06 PM
i love you guys. Just got a knock on the door and they're here :rolleyes: