PDA

View Full Version : Capt Eddies Steel Snake

Wayne Bower
06-27-2008, 8:01 PM
I haven't posted on this forum before, but since I got some of the information from posts here I thought I would share my attemp to build a version of Capt Eddies Steel Snake. Thanks to William Bolen, Fred Morton and or course Capt Eddie. Here are some pics. I do have a pdf cad drawing if anyone is interested.

Bob Hallowell
06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Welcome,

It looks good let us know how it works. I just want you to know I am going to steal your bowl steady idea. I have a big steady rest I made but this will work better in some situations. I have been to cheap to buy the one way.

Bob

Wayne Bower
06-28-2008, 6:24 AM
Bob, help yourself. I got the idea from another web site the name of the person

Steve Schlumpf
06-28-2008, 9:07 AM
Wayne - Welcome to the Creek!

Looks like quite the hollowing tool! Looking forward to seeing some of your hollow forms!

Bill Bolen
06-28-2008, 9:14 AM
Welcome Wayne! I saw your post on another forum and fully intend to steal 2 of your ideas shown here! You did a fantstic job on this. I really like that more substantial tool bit holder you have made. No slights meant for commercial versions of this but I think homemade tooling works better! They atleast feel better in your hands! Thanks again Capt. Eddie!...Bill...

Wayne Bower
06-29-2008, 7:23 AM
Thanks everyone. I had fun building this tool. Hope to use it this afternoon to do a HF. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I am pleased that this has created some interest. :eek:

Bernie Weishapl
06-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Welcome Wayne. Looks like the tool will do the job. I like the steady idea.

Wayne Bower
06-30-2008, 7:44 AM
Just an after note. I used the tool Sunday afternoon to start a HF. Worked better than I had hoped it would. Don't think I will be going back to my captured rig very soon. I will post the HF when it is finished. Going on vacation this week so it will be awhile before the next post. :D

Dennis Peacock
06-30-2008, 8:12 AM
Welcome to SMC Wayne and the snake looks pretty good from here. Keep it coming.