PDA

View Full Version : Hot Pink Laserable Plastic

Carol Esh
06-27-2008, 5:07 PM
Hello all you helpful Creekers!

I have a customer request for some custom items made from 1/16 acrylic with the colors of Hot Pink with Black lettering. Rowmark doesn't have it and I don't need as much as they want for custom coloring ordering. IPI has some in Outrageous Pink/Black but it isn't listed as Laser engravable only Rotorary. Has anyone tried using the ABS IPI on the laser or does anyone know of a supplier for laser engravable hot pink cap with black core?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Joe Pelonio
06-27-2008, 5:27 PM
If you do a nice job spraying you can use hot pink rattle can on the Rowmark
ADA black. I have used the non-laserable Rowmark and it works with adjustments to the settings, but warps from the laser heat. Most noticeable on larger items like one job I do that's 1.125"x10" name strips. They come off
like a banana which doesn't matter since they slide into holders.

Kenneth Hertzog
06-27-2008, 6:15 PM
Carol
does it have to be 1/16 I think I have it in 1/8
ken

Carol Esh
06-27-2008, 6:28 PM
Kenneth,

Where did get the 1/8th? Is it laserable? It would work but I may have to quote a higher price for the job. I would need about 5 sheets of 24x12

Kenneth Hertzog
06-27-2008, 7:59 PM
Carol
I checked inventory and what I have is Clear Floresent Pink
the two sheets I have are 16 x 31
ken

Craig Hogarth
06-27-2008, 8:30 PM
Carol, I custom ordered some purple and yellow plastic a while back and like you, didn't really need 5 full sheets of the stuff. I did find some people here to help share the cost and ended up only having to buy 3 full sheets for myself.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but if you want to make a custom order of pink/black, I'd be interested in buying 3 quarter sheets from you.

Bill Cunningham
06-28-2008, 9:17 PM
I have used the hot pink IPI on the laser.. If you go fast, with low power and a few passes it 'will' laser.. But be careful cleaning it, Alcohol will remove the surface colour from these IPI plastics:mad:

Jeff Chumbley
06-30-2008, 3:07 PM
IPI has hot pink/white plastic