PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Help

Joe Pelonio
06-26-2008, 12:32 PM
As of 7/1 we have a hands-free while driving law here. I have two, the one for business is most likely to be used while in the truck.

In September when the Verizon contract is up I'll get a bluetooth, but for now am stuck with my old Samsung SCHA650 which does not have speakerphone as my personal Nokia does.

It came with the hands-free earplug, but when I plug it in, the screen goes to "recent calls" and dials the last one! When connected, there is no sound on the earplug, and they cannot hear me. Adjusting the volume doesn't help, but it seems to know that it's plugged in because the top of the screen says "earphone" when I adjust it.

Sound like the earphone is defective, and I have to go buy another one?

Larry Browning
06-26-2008, 1:33 PM
Here in my town there are stores that sell old "recycled" phones very cheap. They sell mostly to folks that have lost or broken their current phone. If it were me I would go to one of these stores and see if I could find a bluetooth phone that would work with my network. I think the prices are in the $20 - $30 range. I have never really checked them out, I am just going on what others have told me.

Another idea: I have an old motorola V551 that is just sitting in a drawer collecting dust. It is setup for AT&T so it probably wouldn't work for you. Bu, I'd bet there are plenty of fellow creekers that have an old Verizon phone gathering dust as well that would be willing to send you for free. You could take it to verizon and have them activate it for a small fee, and you'd be in business.

Dave Verstraete
06-26-2008, 2:37 PM
You can log into verizon's website and set up a different phone if you already have an account with them. Find a used phone (ebay maybe) and you can activate it yourself as long as it was originally setup for Verizon

Matt Meiser
06-26-2008, 2:41 PM
And not stolen. You'd also want to be careful you aren't buying a damaged phone off ebay. I recently saw something about there being a dot that is applied to most phones. When the dot contacts water, it permanently changes color. Apparently there are people selling phones with the wrong colored dots.