PDA

View Full Version : Vise handle

Bob Opsitos
06-26-2008, 11:13 AM
I made this for a friend at my old job. He's rehabbing a Emmert vise (I did the electro rust removal for him in trade for a bunch of old chisels) and he traded me an old ww vise for making him the handle.

Curly maple, finished with wipe on Poly. One end removable via epoxied in nut and bolt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/ropsitos/Visehandle.jpg

Thanks for looking
Bob

Benjamin Dahl
06-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Bob, very nice choice of wood and an excellent looking handle.
Ben

Larry Browning
06-26-2008, 11:53 AM
OMG!!! I just made one for my new vise on my new work bench. I was thinking function, not form. So mine is not worthy of a picture let alone posting it. I made mine out of the same wood as the bench so it would match, plus I am too cheap to pay the 8 bucks for the one in the catalog. I haven't put a finish on it yet either, but when I do, I'll take a picture of the whole bench for everyone to see.

Steve Schlumpf
06-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Very nice work Bob! Very classy! Glad to see it will be put to good use!

Bruce Pennell
06-26-2008, 1:52 PM
Bob very nice work. Sure sounds like you both made out in the trading.

Ron McKinley
06-26-2008, 2:07 PM
I need to make one of those for a vise sitting in storage without a handle.....Ron

tim mathis
06-26-2008, 5:55 PM
Bob that is very nice.
tim

Curt Fuller
06-26-2008, 6:34 PM
As much as I 'try' to be somewhat artistic in my woodturning I have to admit that I'm one of those people that looks at something and asks "What do you do with it?" So whenever I see something as functional as a vice handle made to look as beautiful as a piece of art I'm always impressed. That looks really nice.