PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Advice

michael genovesi
06-25-2008, 6:41 PM
Sorry, I think I posted this on the wrond section,:eek:

I just bought a Bosch miter saw with lazer and just had Amazon ship me the Delta 36-136 Universal Miter Saw Stand, for $150.00 delivered.

I really wanted to get the new Bosch T4B gravity stand, but it is $300.00. Do you think any one is better then the other. Would you guys keep the Delta stand or try and fanagle into Amazon taking the return and compin me 10 percent off the Bosch T4B 300.00 MINUS 10 PERCENT.

Also, any opinion on the Bosch 4000-09 vs 4100.09 TS, and are there better TS for the $ :confused:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/misc/progress.gif

Andrew Rayman
06-25-2008, 8:36 PM
That is the miter stand that I have. I like it and don't really see the need to spend another 150 to get the Bosch.

Randy Carnley
06-25-2008, 10:12 PM
I also have the Delta stand but I am not very pleased with it. For one thing, my Bosch saw would not mount directly to the stand. I had to use a piece of plywood for a platform. The other major problem I have is getting the levelers to work properly. Getting them to raise or lower is a major pain. I wish I had the money to buy the Bosch stand. Had one on my Bosch table saw and it was fantastic.

Homer Faucett
06-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Home Depot just had their MSUV (Miter Saw Utility Vehicle Stand) on sale for $99.99. I think it is regularly $179. I picked one up, and it is fantastic. I would highly recomend that if you don't like your Delta.

Mike Heidrick
06-26-2008, 1:44 AM
I own the new MSUV Ridgid and the Bosch T4B. The T4B is SOOO awesome - best stand I have ever tried!! One step setup or fold up. It is Heavy though but so is the MSUV. For $99+tax though you cannot beat the MSUV. Not sure if it is for sale or not anymore. I use it like many people use saw horses! Mobile benchtop. Eventually I will have multiple tools setup to mount on it as well. Wish I could buy extra brackets cheap for the MSUV. They want $50 a pair for them from Ridgid. MSUV was also in several pieces. The T4B was easier to put together.

If the Delta is working for you keep it and move on. Probably not worth all the hassle of getting a new one.

BTW - 12" Hitachi SCMS went right on the T4B with no problems. It will be there permanently even though it can be removed easily.

The MSUV new style also has easy to remove brackets. Anybody have any "ins" at ridgid??