PDA

View Full Version : smaller feeder lookalikes?

Brian Peters
06-24-2008, 6:54 PM
Been looking at the delta vera feeder for my small shaper, but I have seen many around that look identical to that. One being the grizzly, and now this one http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=1174 on the older shaper in that page. Is it just one generic chinese manufacture that is producing these? Now all I have to do is find out who is selling the knock off one the cheapest and avoid paying delta the higher price for no reason. :D

Dave Sabo
06-24-2008, 10:22 PM
[Now all I have to do is find out who is selling the knock off one the cheapest and avoid paying delta the higher price for no reason. :D[/quote]

They all cost around 300 bucks. Just buy one and get on with making something.

Mike Heidrick
06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Or skip the smaller feeder altogether and buy at min a 1/2 HP model. I was given this advice by the seller of a smaller feeder, bought his anyway, and then sold it shortly there after. Should have listened.

J.R. Rutter
06-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Even the 1/4 HP feeder is miles better than the Versafeeder. Aside from breaking most of the adjustment handles off, mine runs great after 3 years of daily use.

Travis Porter
06-26-2008, 2:40 PM
I agree with all on the versa feeder. Most if not all of them are made by Comatic. If you really want one, send me a PM and I will sell you mine as it is practically brand new.

Mine was purchased from Grizzly, but says Comatic.