PDA

View Full Version : Golf tee sponsors

Paul Brinkmeyer
06-24-2008, 1:20 PM
I have been asked to quote some signs for a golf outing.
Being new to this type of thing, I am kinda lost. they are talking about 36 signs total.
I was thinking a tent sign, 12 X 24 folded in half
would give me tent of 12 X12.
Any souce for fake rocks that can be lasered?
Or a nice frame that sticks into the ground and holds a sign?
Just a few thoughts I had, but other ideas are always welcomed.

Thanks.

Joe Pelonio
06-24-2008, 1:31 PM
I do signs every year for several golf tournaments. Typically these are hole sponsorship signs. Most of them are done on corrugated plastic, with vinyl lettering. The material has to be cut with the flutes vertical, so they can use wire "H" stakes to plant them in the ground. Those do little damage, golf courses do not like big holes like from 1x2 stakes. The problem with your tent idea is that they are too low to see well.

Most I have done are 18"x24", but some are 14"x20". If you are limited to the laser for this, you can use Rowmark, then attach it to pieces of coro with double sided tape and still use the H stakes. They are about $85 cents each wholesale for 30".

http://shop.banditsigns.com/images/stake-118x85.jpg

Paul Brinkmeyer
06-24-2008, 1:55 PM
That is what they have done in the past, but they came to me for something new.
The fake rock idea was from them, something they saw at another event on the upper west coast.
The tent idea was mine.
What they would like is something that they can give to the sponsor for them to display after the event.

Scott Shepherd
06-25-2008, 7:23 AM
They make those already, have you seen them? They make a corregated product that's shaped like a golf tee and ball, or just golf ball. Would that work or has that already been dismissed by them as well?

Paul Brinkmeyer
06-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Is corrugated plastic safe to cut on the laser? And will it cut that Thick?
I never thought of shaping that, but it might be an option if I can not find the "rocks".
I tried searching on the ARA site and drew a blank there. I know I saw them at the ARA this year, just can not remember who.

Thanks.

Joe Pelonio
06-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Is corrugated plastic safe to cut on the laser? And will it cut that Thick?
I never thought of shaping that, but it might be an option if I can not find the "rocks".
I tried searching on the ARA site and drew a blank there. I know I saw them at the ARA this year, just can not remember who.

Thanks.
I have cut 4mm coro on the laser, and it is safe to cut. Now if you had time you could make your own tufa rock. I use it for bonsai, it's soft and light and while I never tried to engrave it, should work. Wish I had time to test it but have to leave for the day on an install.

Here are some recipes:

http://www.gardenmolds.com/pages/resources/concrete.html
http://www.the-artistic-garden.com/faux-rock-recipe.html

Scott Shepherd
06-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Now that you mention it, I have seen the rocks in coro-plast as well.

I've had a quick look through some catalogs and can't find where I saw them all, but do a google search on golf signs as well as golf promo signs and it should give you some sources to start at.

Not sure who makes the rock looking one, but I know I saw it, and it was someone targeting selling them with golf signs for each hole.

Wish I could help more, but I can't find it right now. If I do, I'll post back.

Paul Brinkmeyer
06-25-2008, 8:10 PM
Scott
Thanks for the backing on seeing it before, I will look more also.

Joe
Thanks for the ideas, and recipes. If I get time I will try this over the upcoming holiday.

Joe Pelonio
06-25-2008, 9:04 PM
Scott
Thanks for the backing on seeing it before, I will look more also.

Joe
Thanks for the ideas, and recipes. If I get time I will try this over the upcoming holiday.
I tested it with a small hunk, pretty out-of-focus because it wasn't flat, but it did engrave thru the brown revealing gray, and it also cuts, a vector circle went in about 1/8" at 15 speed 50 power.