PDA

View Full Version : Well it's official... I made it!

Dewey Torres
06-24-2008, 12:36 AM
All,

This will probably make a whole lot more sense to the military (and especially the Navy Folk), but I have been officially authorized to wear the Command Senior Chief Breast Insignia as the:

Command Senior Chief of the Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense, Colorado Springs!

This is actually something that long term enlisted strive for their entire and career represents the highest position an enlisted member can hold at any given Command. I can still get promoted only once more but this is a very significant accomplishment.:D

I am honored to have been given the chance to share a piece of the command along side the Commanding Officer... now time turn two and get to work!

Check out my new avatar!

Dewey

Leigh Costello
06-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Well, there you go! A little perserverance a lot of hard work went into this accomplishment. I think you deserve a toast. Cheers! From a seaman recruit medical discharge but still Navy at heart fello Creeker.

Congratulations!

Dewey Torres
06-24-2008, 1:08 AM
Well, there you go! A little perserverance a lot of hard work went into this accomplishment. I think you deserve a toast. Cheers! From a seaman recruit medical discharge but still Navy at heart fello Creeker.

Congratulations!

Thanks Leigh. A SR that now does laser engraving. Boy your work environment sure did change. I really appreciate you taking the time to congratulate.

Dewey

Mike Henderson
06-24-2008, 1:37 AM
Congratulations, Dewey. That's quite an accomplishment! You deserve to be proud.

Mike

Tom Veatch
06-24-2008, 2:18 AM
...Command Senior Chief Breast Insignia...:D

Dewey, I'm assuming that's comparable to the Sergeant Major billet in a Marine Corps Regiment. Respectful congratulations to you from an old jarhead!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-24-2008, 2:54 AM
Congrats Command Senior Chief Torres! That from a 8 year Navy veteran leaving as a 1st Class ET.

Don Eddard
06-24-2008, 5:11 AM
Congrats, and thanks. ;)

Glenn Clabo
06-24-2008, 5:59 AM
BZ Senior....!!!!

Lee Schierer
06-24-2008, 7:49 AM
BZ Congratulations Senior Chief, I know from personal experience how helpful the command Master Chief was to the C.O. and X.O. Keep up the good work!

Steve Schlumpf
06-24-2008, 8:55 AM
Dewey - Congrats on your new position! I am sure it is well deserved! And thanks for your on-going service to our country!

Walt Caza
06-24-2008, 9:46 AM
Looking good Dewey!
Congratulations on your accomplishment.
I am sure it took a lot of time, effort and dedication.
Way to go!
take it easy,
Walt
:)

Dennis Peacock
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Congrats Dewey.....Huge accomplishment there and here's to wishing you continued success from an old sargent from the Air Force.

Bob Moyer
06-24-2008, 10:09 AM
All,

This will probably make a whole lot more sense to the military (and especially the Navy Folk), but I have been officially authorized to wear the Command Senior Chief Breast Insignia as the:

Command Senior Chief of the Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense, Colorado Springs!

This is actually something that long term enlisted strive for their entire and career represents the highest position an enlisted member can hold at any given Command. I can still get promoted only once more but this is a very significant accomplishment.:D

I am honored to have been given the chance to share a piece of the command along side the Commanding Officer... now time turn two and get to work!

Check out my new avatar!

Dewey

Congrats Senior Chief
Bob (USN SK2 67-73)

Scott Shepherd
06-24-2008, 11:24 AM
All,

This will probably make a whole lot more sense to the military (and especially the Navy Folk), .....

Let me see if I get this right.....you're in the Navy......you're stationed in Colorado :rolleyes:

Only kidding- congratulations and thank you for your service to our country, it's greatly appreciated by me.

Dave Anderson NH
06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Congratulations Dewey from a more than slightly overage and overweight Jarhead ground pounder.

Lori Kleinberg
06-24-2008, 1:26 PM
Congratulations Dewey and thanks for your service.

Ted Shrader
06-24-2008, 5:28 PM
Dewey -

Congratulations on your selection as Command Senior Chief. The Senior Enlisted Advisor at each command is an integral part of the success of the command. I say this based on personal experience.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Wishing you continued success and that second star should some along very soon!

Congratulations!
Ted Shrader, CDR, USN (Ret)

Don Abele
06-24-2008, 5:51 PM
Dewey, congratulations. Trust me I understand the significance of it.

Now it's time to get hot and get your application in for the NEC (it's due by December). We are hoping to get 200 applications for permanent Command Senior Chiefs (9578) and Command Master Chiefs (9580). If you need any help with it, let me know.

Again, congrats brother!!!

Be well,

Doc
(aka CMDCM(SS))

Dewey Torres
06-24-2008, 6:57 PM
Thanks all for your kind words!

Dewey

Ron Jones near Indy
06-24-2008, 7:10 PM
Let me add my congrats and thanks!!!

Tim Morton
06-24-2008, 7:21 PM
Congrats from another ex-navy puke:D (One term PH5 )

Clara Koss
06-24-2008, 8:00 PM
congratulations.... hope there's enough room on that badge for your title!!!!:cool:

John Shuk
06-24-2008, 8:41 PM
Congratulations on rising high among the best we have!