PDA

View Full Version : Kc Area Creeker Visit--open Invitation

mark page
06-23-2008, 9:36 PM
As we all know from reading the posts that Bill Huber just recently had a creeker visit in Texas. Well I am proud to announce that he is now in the KC area and we are setting up a Creeker visit for Saturday, June 28th early evening at "tentatively" the Outback Restaurant @ ZonaRosa. We can't get in too much trouble there I don't think, lol. We are thinking around 6:00-7:00 PM'ish.
The invitation is open for all KC area Creekers. PM me for my cell number if you can attend. I don't think we can reserve tables but can definately stampede the place, lol.
We saw pics of what some "Texas Saw-Bellies" look like, and I figure we can out-do that in KC. Bill your excluded as your originally from this area & the honorary valedictorian, and Ken, you are just an "honorary Texas Saw-Belly!!!! No offense Jim O'Dell, just healthy competition:D!!!
Lets show Texas what KC hospitality really is and what kind of motley crew we can muster up!!!!!!
Al Navas & Roy Wall, I talked to you on the phone, just let me know. Greg Cole, Greg Muller, Randal Stevenson, you all have my contact info, just let me know.
Steve Clardy--I know it's a drive for you, but open if you can make it.
Thanks in advance of any participation.
Al brought up a good point if LOML's are invited too. I don't see why not. I asked mine and she kinda went "umhhh, sounds like a bunch of sawdust junkies". But if the interest is there with the LOML's, I don't see a problem with that too!!!
Mark

Jim O'Dell
06-23-2008, 10:08 PM
You've got my blessing! Make a big get together. I promise you won't be sorry!!! But, you might find a quiet place to go sit down and spend some time talking....I think Rockler or Woodcraft might kick you out at closing time!! :D (If they are even open that late!) Jim.

ps: Maybe Bill's hotel/motel foyer??

Bill Huber
06-25-2008, 5:15 AM
Is it just going to be me and you Mark?

Saturday is still looking very good for me, things are going well and if the rain would stop we could get the auction over Thursday with no problems.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2008, 6:12 AM
Mark,

If you have never met Bill, in person, you are in for a treat!

BTW....the only competition involved in Creeker get togethers.....will the last person alive at the last get together....Please turn out the light!:D

Al Navas
06-25-2008, 6:39 AM
... Al Navas & Roy Wall, I talked to you on the phone, just let me know. Greg Cole, Greg Muller, Randal Stevenson, you all have my contact info, just let me know...

...Al brought up a good point if LOML's are invited too. I don't see why not...
Mark,

Sorry I am just now responding, folks!

It is looking more and more like I will be able to make it, but LOML won't. She will take on some duties for me; I will call you as soon as I learn if things change at the last minute. So much stuff going on this time of year!

mark page
06-25-2008, 7:03 AM
Bill,

I am getting slow responses so far. Al & LOML are checking schedules. IIRC Al stated he landed a pretty big contract. Roy will be pushed to stopwatch timing if he can make it as he teaches on Saturday early evenings. I am very hopefull that they both can attend as there's a lot of talent between them. If I won the powerball tomorrow, I'd even pay Al just to watch him work:D. And so far haven't heard back on the other fellas. But if no others can come, it will be you and me for sure, and am even trying to twist my LOML arm to come too. I told her the entire total of conversations won't be wood related.
I hope your auction turns out well. From the list of things on the post, your father was well renowned in his business.
I'll keep in touch, I have your cell number, and I still have a couple others to call too.

mark page
06-25-2008, 7:05 AM
Great Al,
You were posting same time I was!!!! Hope to see you there. Well gotta go make the donuts now:D:D:D. Later all.

Steve Clardy
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey guys. Just spotted this. :eek:

Would live to come but its not in the cards right now.

Greg Cole
06-25-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm doing my bestest to clear my slate.... Saturday should be ok IF I can tear myself off the deck build I've got going. My new neighbors might not like the framing nailer n miter saw at too early an hour, or maybe I need to break them in and have them get used to living next to a Creeker....
Not sure if the Outback is dead set on, but the Granite City just across the street has goods eats 'n' better beer.:rolleyes: I go there at least once a week of lunch and refreshement...
Anyway, I'm about 75% sure I'll get myself there so long as nothing else jumps in the way.

Greg

mark page
06-25-2008, 7:45 PM
Greg,
If'n you need some help on the deck, I can possibly give a hand Sunday if need be, so you can make it. So far, I think lawn mowing and some planter box maintenance may be the only things on the agenda. Wifey has to work Sunday. (unless something unexpected pops up). I'm pretty cheap labor too, just a towel for the sweat & some cold beverages. (I'm pretty easy, but don't tell anyone else:D).
Never been to Granite City--whats the specialties there. I'm pretty open to food as long as it doesn't resemble fish bait!!! Is it located across Barry Rd or more in ZonaRosa????
Randal emailed and he's fixing an engine for one of his kin's first car and can't make it.
Talk later.
Mark

mark page
06-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Bill & Al,

I will give you all a call tomorrow sometime early afternoon. Everything still looking good. Am hoping to hear from Greg tomorrow morn to tie everthing together. Looks like us four so far, unless I can still twist LOML arm to come too. Am looking forward to meeting you all.
Mark

Al Navas
06-27-2008, 7:58 AM
Great, Mark. See you then.

Bill Huber
06-27-2008, 8:51 AM
Bill & Al,

I will give you all a call tomorrow sometime early afternoon. Everything still looking good. Am hoping to hear from Greg tomorrow morn to tie everthing together. Looks like us four so far, unless I can still twist LOML arm to come too. Am looking forward to meeting you all.
Mark

That is great, I should be around all day here and there so just give me a call any time.

The auction is over and now we just have a few things to finish up. Going to try and get most of that done today (Friday) then then just rest and do nothing on Saturday.

I well have to say I could not believe it when a 1940s something Delta cabinet saw went for $17. Now it didn't have a fence but the top was in good shape and the saw in general was a nice looking saw.

Greg Cole
06-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Looks I'll be there as well.
Mark and I talked it over and settled on Granite City (about 100 feet from the Outback). Time is semi-irrelevant for me so whatever works for any-or-everyone else is fine by me.

Cheers.
Greg

mark page
06-27-2008, 11:26 PM
One last call for the KC Creeker Ball! It's still an open invitation, attend now or forever hold your peace! We have some very class-act talented folks showing up. If you plan on attending, you might give me a courtesy post, email, or PM just so we know how much table space we need. It's going to be at "Granite City" located near I-29 & Barry Rd. Time is 6:00'ish Saturday 28th evening. I have to work tomorrow but should have a chance to check posts, emails, etc, mid to late afternoon. This is an opportunity to relax, socialize, and meet some great people. I for one am looking forward to the event.

Al Navas
06-29-2008, 10:56 AM
I know Mark will post some photos here, so I will refrain from doing so here. I do want to let you know I posted some photos at my blog. You will know how to find it ;-) .

We had a wonderful time - thanks, Mark, for making the arrangements. I enjoyed the gathering tremendously! It was wonderful to meet fellow Creekers to share stories and experiences. I also look forward to other gatherings in the future.

Jim O'Dell
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
WHOO HOOO! Another Creeker visit in the books! Glad you had a good time. Bill's a really nice guy with a dry sense of humor. Come on Mark, wake up!! Where are the pictures??? :D:D Jim.

mark page
06-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Jim, coming at you right now:D:D:D!!!!

mark page
06-29-2008, 1:17 PM
Another Creeker visit in the books! Glad you had a good time. Bill's a really nice guy with a dry sense of humor.:D:D Jim.

Are you meaning, "You can't serve a wine before it's time" so to speak in reference to Bill?????:D:D