PDA

View Full Version : How do you post tools for sale?

Mary Lane
06-23-2008, 3:21 PM
I went to post some tools for sale in the "Classified" Forum, and this box did not come up, so I am posting in this box. I got a message that my account had not been activated. So I emailed a reply to my activation email and there has been no response.

My account is activated here though, or I couldn't post. Do you have to pay $6 per year to post tools now? It did not used to be like that.

I am totally confused and frustrated. There is nothing in the FAQs about this.

Thanks, I look forward to enlightenment and posting my tools for sale.
Mary Lane

Tom Veatch
06-23-2008, 3:32 PM
I went to post some tools for sale in the "Classified" Forum, ...

You'll probably be hearing from a moderator, but the bottom line is that the free classified section is closed to posting except by "Contributor" members. See

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27084

Jim Becker
06-23-2008, 4:03 PM
Tom is correct, Mary. Posting in the SMC Free Classifieds is a contributor benefit and has been for some time now. A $6 annual contribution gets you that access plus other capabilities, such as eligibility for Free Stuff Drawings, etc. That's about the same as a latté and muffin at Starbucks or a single magazine off the newstand. And it helps keep SMC running smoothly.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Cliff Rohrabacher
06-23-2008, 5:43 PM
Ya gotta be a "Contributor."

It's well worth the $6.00

Chris Padilla
06-23-2008, 5:44 PM
There are 3 "stuck posts" at the top of the Classified Ad forum...one of them tells you what you need to do.

Mary Lane
06-23-2008, 7:55 PM
Thanks to all. I joined and posted.

Mary Lane:)

Jim Becker
06-23-2008, 9:17 PM
Thanks for becoming a contributor to SMC, Mary!