View Full Version : Old Iron Gloat!

Kurt Rosenzweig
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I was approached by a friend of mine with the request to rent my Bobcat. He said he had a job to remove a bunch of old equipment from a nearby closed down factory and he was going to throw it all in a dumpster and scrap it for it's value in metal. The factory was a bottle screen printing company and he said it was mostly all junk and most of the machines he had no idea what they were for. I agreed to rent it to him and when I was dropping the bobcat off he took me on a quick tour. The place was huge and filled with junk. Way in the back I saw this peeking out of a pile of junk and asked him what he was going to do with it. He said it was all going in the dumpster and heading to the scrapyard. I asked him if I could have it and he said sure. That's all I had to hear and I had it loaded on my trailer so fast his head turned. Got it home and plugged it in and it just worked like a dream. It's 16"and it was even wired 110! I'm gonna rewire it for 220 though. I been saving for a while for the Gizzley 17" bandsaw but now I think I'll use this one for a while and see how I like it. Anyone out there have one of these. Any tips on upgrading it or a source for blades?

Shawn Honeychurch
06-23-2008, 1:13 PM
That is sweet.

Congrats.

Bob Vallaster
06-23-2008, 1:17 PM
That's quite a haul.
Betcha told him he could borrow the bobcat anytime on such terms...

BV

Jeff Duncan
06-23-2008, 1:22 PM
That's quite a find, don't know too much about those except they're considered one of the best bandsaws for metal working.
You may want to check in with OWWM and see if they have any help for you.
good luck,
JeffD

Chuck Saunders
06-23-2008, 2:11 PM
You have a blade welder on the saw. DoAll is a good source of blade in 100ft coils. Quite a score if you ask me.

Bruce Page
06-23-2008, 2:36 PM
Very nice! Does the welder work?

Mike Wilkins
06-23-2008, 2:40 PM
Wow!!! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Congrats on a nice piece of old iron. Great find!!