PDA

View Full Version : George Carlin RIP

Kevin Arceneaux
06-23-2008, 1:51 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080623/us_nm/carlin_dc

Rob Russell
06-23-2008, 7:21 AM
George had a way of doing humor with the crass elements of life that no other comedian at the time would touch. He really did have some great routines.

FYI, if anyone tries to post his "Seven Words you can Never say on TV" ... we will need to edit them out :D !

Jim Becker
06-23-2008, 8:21 AM
Yea, this is a major loss to the world of comedy.

Dewey Torres
06-23-2008, 9:01 AM
Just saw this on the news this morning... first Tim R. now this... sad!
Dewey

jeremy levine
06-23-2008, 9:51 AM
Very sad and just before he was going to reveive the "Mark Tawin" award, really would have loved to see his speech.

Brian Effinger
06-23-2008, 9:54 AM
Just saw this on the news this morning... first Tim R. now this... sad!
Dewey
Yeah, that is sad - both were too young and will be missed.

David G Baker
06-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Every time George had a televised show I would make an effort to see it even if I had seen it several times before. I never got tired of his great humor and his way of pointing his finger at stupidity in the world. He is going to be missed by many.

Greg Peterson
06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
His irreverence will be missed. He was funny as well as insightful. Carlin was the opposite of many less skilled comedians; frequently indecent but rarely obscene.

His condensing of the ten commandments was both humorous and interesting.

A true master of the craft.

Fred Voorhees
06-23-2008, 4:27 PM
I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said. I grew up enjoying George Carlin and hearing the news this morning on my way to work really hit me. I immediately called my wife on my cell phone and she knew what I was calling about. She mentioned it before I did. We both loved his humor and wit and his ability to point out stupidity in the world. I saw him three times and enjoyed him every single time. I personally feel a deep loss over his demise. RIP George!

Tim Morton
06-23-2008, 6:41 PM
well......it didn't get edited....you can post the 7 words here....

RIP George

*I deleted them myself*

Reed Wells
06-23-2008, 7:13 PM
I remember watching him on Sullivan. What a comic! He will be missed.

Richard M. Wolfe
06-23-2008, 10:05 PM
A guy who was a regional radio show personality died suddenly a couple years ago.....I still miss him. George Carlin will be the same way.

Randal Stevenson
06-24-2008, 1:18 AM
I saw this news on another board this morning, just before leaving for work. I figured someone would find it false on Snopes. It wasn't.:(

(censored) that self proclaimed (Parental advisory album), whitey, the blue-eyed devil, paddy-o, fay gray boy, honkey, mother.........;)

Thanks for ALL the laughs and forcing people to reflect on their thoughts and actions!