PDA

View Full Version : Some Incra stuff from an auction...

Tony Cox
06-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Good Evening everyone,

Yesterday I spent the day at an estate auction. I came upon 2 Incra boxes. They are old, but never have been used. All I have done so far is take the stuff out of the boxes to see what was in them. Everything in them is still packaged up. I got both of these boxes and a couple other plastic boxes with junk in them for $20.00.

I have to figure out exactly what they are and if they will do me any good. I hope I got something good.

Greg Hines, MD
06-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Good Evening everyone,

Yesterday I spent the day at an estate auction. I came upon 2 Incra boxes. They are old, but never have been used. All I have done so far is take the stuff out of the boxes to see what was in them. Everything in them is still packaged up. I got both of these boxes and a couple other plastic boxes with junk in them for $20.00.

I have to figure out exactly what they are and if they will do me any good. I hope I got something good.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/n9uye1/SF8KWO3xaVI/AAAAAAAAAcw/i4-6Yt53WRI/IMG_6739.JPG?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/n9uye1/SF8KXBDdmzI/AAAAAAAAAdA/be3wWYDbsB8/IMG_6741.JPG?

Try posting some pics here. I am sure that someone will know what they are.

Doc

Jason Beam
06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
You got something GOOD. That's the original incra router table jig. I'm prettys ure it's mostly complete. At the very least it's useful as a regular router table fence. The accuracy is the same, i believe, as the later models it's just the means of adjustment that have changed. One thing i'm not seeing is the "Right angle fixture" which may not have come with that early model.

I'd give the guys at woodpecker's or incra themselves a call and see if maybe there is a compatible right angle fixture for your fence. As both an Ultra and LS owner, I can say that I absolutely love my incra router table systems and the right angle fixture is a big reason for that.

Tony Cox
06-23-2008, 8:35 AM
I noticed my pictures were having a little problem. So I fixed it.

Good Day,
Tony

Tony Cox
06-23-2008, 8:40 AM
I can't find any reference to a model on the boxes. I am planning on doing a little more digging tonight after work. If I get a chance today, I am going to visit the Incra website and see what I find. May be too old for the website, but I will look anyway.

The price tags are still on the boxes. The small one had a tag for $69.00 and the large box had a tag for $89.00. The manual has a copyright date of 1992 so I figure they are from around that time.

Have a good day,
Tony

mike holden
06-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Tony, the model is on the box: "incra jig PRO"
Mike

Derek Stockley
06-28-2008, 9:42 AM

I picked one of those up at the lee valley sale this past winter. I love the positioner. The fence is alright too, but the opening is too small for a lot of router bits (i.e., rail & stile bits).

They're not kidding with all that talk about repeatability. The only thing I see that this one lacks compared to newer models is a micro adjust. I can't say I've missed it ... If I'm using it for spacing cuts (think a box joint), it seems to me that the micro adjuster is only useful when you're initially setting it up, and that is easily accomplished by careful placement as I clamp the base to my router table.

I spent some time looking around in stores near me for the right angle fixture before it occurred to me that I had spent considerably more time searching than it would take to build one out of scrap mdf.

The manual says the thing is good for use on drill presses and table saws too. I wouldn't risk the alignment problems that using it on a tablesaw would bring, but I could see it being really handy for drilling repeating patterns on the drill press (haven't had the need to set it up yet).