PDA

View Full Version : Help finding wood

Jeff Hounshell
06-22-2008, 6:50 PM
Everyone,

I bought a really nice cherry burl from ebay a year ago, went back to look for more, and apparently this guy is not using ebay anymore. I don't have a lot of time to go out and drop trees right now, so I'm looking for a good source to buy green turning wood on the 'net. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

curtis rosche
06-22-2008, 9:01 PM
righteous hardwoods.com

groffslumber.com

the best one that i have found, these guys also sell on ebay but it is cheaper from their web site www.turningblanks.net

curtis rosche
06-23-2008, 12:18 PM
re is another source i remembered for wood. on ebay, there is a lady in illinois. her name on ebay, is lumberlady6, (im not sure what the number was but i think that it was 6) she and her husband run a mill up there. they have very good prices, and if you email her you can get her to cut some custom peices or sell right to you

Gary Max
06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Heck Jeff --we are over by Columbia Ky----I have lots of wood I could sell you and save you a ton on shipping.

Jeff Hounshell
06-23-2008, 4:41 PM
Heck Jeff --we are over by Columbia Ky----I have lots of wood I could sell you and save you a ton on shipping.

I might take you up on that, Gary. Got a lot going on right now, but PM me with your e-mail address and I'll get in touch. Thanks.