PDA

View Full Version : 6" dado blade and Delta TS350 table saw

Adam Slutsky
06-22-2008, 3:32 PM
I would like to buy a dado blade for my Delta TS350 table saw and am hoping to get the benefit of your experience. The manual says that you should use a maximum 6" diameter. When I did an internet search some have said that the arbor is too small to fit a dado blade. I'm not sure I can tell without purchasing one. I'd like to spend less than around $100 and will be using the dado blade to make grooves/rabbets in plywood. Any suggestions on blade brand and on how to tell if it would fit would be great.

Peter Quinn
06-22-2008, 3:44 PM
I looked at the specs in your owners manual online and they indicate a dado width capacity of 13/16" which would be a full stacked dado for a typical set. Usually for the full stack you have to leave of the arbor flange to get the nut on which is not a problem with a dado set as it acts as its own flange.

You are limited to a 6" because of the horsepower of your saw, a 1HP machine simply cant push a 13/16" dado 8" diameter effectively, too much weight. The 6" will limit your depth of cut but should be fine for grooving plywood.

Brian Erickson
06-22-2008, 4:13 PM
I had a TS350 and used a 6" dado stack with no problems. It does tax the motor a bit, but the arbor was plenty long.

Hope that helps-
Brian

Adam Slutsky
06-23-2008, 5:24 PM
Thanks - any recommendations on 6" sub $100 dado blades?