PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Tent Sale Gloat

John Michaels
06-21-2008, 6:36 PM
Got some mortising chisels for a real steal. They're the ones in their catalog from Japan. Bought four different sizes for only $8- $10 each. The 3/4 size is normally $50 alone. They were apparently samples sent to Grizzly and had never been used.

Frederick Wilt
06-21-2008, 8:59 PM
Hi,

Do you mind if I hate you for a short while??? ;)

Dave Sharpe
06-21-2008, 9:15 PM
I also hit the tent sale today and picked up 5 or 6 24" Parallel clamps (gross stabil brand) for $18 each. They were all missing the end clip so a few minutes work with a drill and some cotter pins and they;re ready to go! Also picked up several router bit sets and an oscillating spindle sander which took a bit of super glue and tape to repair the broken plastic base but otherwise works fine. Found a nice shop-fox tool stand/table for $20.
Then I went inside........... That's where the wallet got hit hard. I bought the G0440 2hp cyclone dust collector as reccomended by so many on this site. All in all, a good days haul of loot to bring back on the island.

Dave

John Michaels
06-21-2008, 9:19 PM
and an oscillating spindle sander which took a bit of super glue and tape to repair the broken plastic base but otherwise works fine.
Dave

I saw a bunch of those when I was there, almost got one myself.

Sounds like you did pretty good.

Barry Reade
06-21-2008, 9:32 PM
Then I went inside........... That's where the wallet got hit hard. I bought the G0440 2hp cyclone dust collector as reccomended by so many on this site. All in all, a good days haul of loot to bring back on the island. Dave

Dave the money you spent on the DC system will preserve your health so you can go on and enjoy woodworking.