PDA

View Full Version : Rockler t/s tenoning jig

Ken Fitzgerald
06-21-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm in Arlington, TX this week. A bunch of Creekers and folks from FWW are going to try to get together over lunch. Afterward I hope to get to the local Rocklers.

Anybody have the Rockler t/s tenoning jig? If so do you like it?

Thanks!

Dave Lehnert
06-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes I have owned it for a few years now. Works as advertised. The only issue I had was the miter bar is the t-slot style. It was just a little shy of being deep enough to fit in the t-slot. It was a very easy fix. Just placed a small washer between the miter bar and main housing of the jig to shim it.

I own the Jet left tilt cabinet saw.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks Dave! I have a Ridgid TS3650 with the T-slot. I had a guy at another website measure the slot on his TS3650 and it sounds like it will fit and with a washer as you suggested I feel safe buying it. Thanks again!

glenn bradley
06-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Same experience as Dave but not a problem for me. I haven't found the T slot function useful on anything so far. I removed the washer. The jig works very well; heavy and solid on the saw. I did have to get a longer screw for the stop to set it up right on my saw. Very easy fix (if required). Mine came with Jet logos on the paperwork but I suppose a lot of folks badge this one. Nice unit.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-21-2008, 4:33 PM
Thanks guys!

After lunch at Spring Creek BBQ in Arlington, TX with a great bunch of Creekers and members of FWW, I bought the jig at Rockler and had it shipped to my home in Idaho!

I think it will work great for me!

Neal Clayton
06-22-2008, 2:38 AM
my only complaint with those things is how many times i take a small chunk of a board to the forearm.

the natural tendency when reaching like that is to ever so slightly bear down on the back edge....just enough to make the loose piece of the board you cut come right back atcha.

they're not big enough to hurt, just a constant annoyance. had to rig up a plexiglass sacrificial guard on mine to stop the stream of 4 letter words wasted on inanimate objects ;).