PDA

View Full Version : Engraving wine barrel's HELP

mike klein
06-20-2008, 7:15 PM
I know this is a long shot but I'm going to ask anyway. I've been asked to engrave some small wine barrels with the logo shown in the picture. The problem is, they won't fit in my machine. The diameter at the ends is 7" but in the middle where the logo needs to be it is 9" to 9.5" in diameter. The logo needs to be engraved on the opposite side of the wood plug. The plug is suppose to come out.

Just wondering if anyone has the capability to engrave something like this.

Thanks
Mike

Jack Harper
06-20-2008, 7:21 PM
My laser can handle 6' x 10' x 2'. The problem is, I suspect you would need a rotary attachment to laser the image if it is too rounded in the middle. I do have a 4" lens that would help cheat this out though.

Wil Lambert
06-20-2008, 7:49 PM
My laser should be able to handle this. I have an Epilog EXT 36. I know I can get up to 15" deep or more in it. Whether the rotary can handle it I am not sure of. I can check on Monday if you want.

Wil

mike klein
06-20-2008, 8:38 PM
My laser should be able to handle this. I have an Epilog EXT 36. I know I can get up to 15" deep or more in it. Whether the rotary can handle it I am not sure of. I can check on Monday if you want.

Wil
Will,

I'd appreciate it if you could. I just did a re-measure of the center part where the logo needs togo and it is pretty close to 8.5" , and it would need to be put on a rotary attachment. They want the logo as large as possible.

Thanks
Mike

Peter Meacham
06-21-2008, 8:53 AM
Mike

Where did you find those small wine barrels please - I am right in the middle of wine country and those would work great for me. Please advise.

Thanks, Pete

mike klein
06-21-2008, 8:59 AM
Mike

Where did you find those small wine barrels please - I am right in the middle of wine country and those would work great for me. Please advise.

Thanks, Pete

Pete,

I don't know where they came from. A local company here is opening a new restaurant and I guess these barrels are going to be set on all the tables, provided I can get them engraved for them. I will email them and inquire where they got the barrels and let you know.

Mike

Peter Meacham
06-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks Mike - I'm sure others would like to know as well.

Peter Meacham
06-22-2008, 8:27 AM
Anthony

Thanks for that link - what a fascinating site to visit.

Pete