PDA

View Full Version : Summer in the Pacific Northwest

Joe Pelonio
06-20-2008, 1:57 PM
After a cool, wet and just gloomy spring, we actually have a nice day today.
Sunny and warmer, working in shorts weather, but still just 67 at the moment and the high is supposed to be 77. Not quite what they are getting in S. CA.

Lee Schierer
06-20-2008, 2:59 PM
Yeah, we get both days of summer here in NW PA too! :D

David G Baker
06-20-2008, 4:01 PM
Sacramento has a sever weather warning on the Yahoo WX site. The temp is supposed to get to 102 degrees.
Since I left California for Michigan I have problems with heat near 80. I can take the cold but not the heat.

Joe Pelonio
06-20-2008, 6:15 PM
Sacramento has a sever weather warning on the Yahoo WX site. The temp is supposed to get to 102 degrees.
Since I left California for Michigan I have problems with heat near 80. I can take the cold but not the heat.
I'm the same way, one reason to move here. The forecast was off though, it's 82 now, which is close to the top end of my comfort zone. I went to graduate school at Sacramento State, so I remember that heat with the wind over the Yolo Causeway, almost like a furnace blowing.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-20-2008, 6:38 PM
Joe...I wish I was home experiencing N/W weather. The low tonight here in the Dallas area is supposed to be 76.

Rich Konopka
06-20-2008, 6:50 PM
Joe,

I am going to Banff and Lake Louise next week and I hope the fair weather you are getting in the NW goes that way.

I spent a couple of weeks in Seattle, Vancouver, and Victoria 2 years ago the end of June early July and the weather was some of the best weather I have ever had on vacation. Enjoy !! It is getting hot and muggy here in the Northeast.

David G Baker
06-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Joe,
The thing I liked about Sacramento WX in Summer was that most of the time it cooled off at night. In Michigan, many times, it does not cool off at night and that makes for an uncomfortable night or running the air conditioner.
It is around midnight in Michigan and the temp is a great 55 degrees, great sleeping WX.

Joe Pelonio
06-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Joe,
The thing I liked about Sacramento WX in Summer was that most of the time it cooled off at night. In Michigan, many times, it does not cool off at night and that makes for an uncomfortable night or running the air conditioner.
It is around midnight in Michigan and the temp is a great 55 degrees, great sleeping WX.
That might have been the mountain and river influence, in the East Bay Area I remember it being 102 during the day and 86 at night. Here it cools off quickly, already down to 68 now at 9pm. Perfect evening as the sun goes down.