PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlt Tablesaw G0651

Shawn Walker
06-20-2008, 1:51 PM
Wondering if anyone here bought one yet. Just looking for feedback on the saw in general, and specifically on the riving knife, and the choice in fences.
I did a search, and this question was asked before without any responses that I could find.

Prashun Patel
06-20-2008, 1:56 PM
Do you mean the G0661?

I was considering that one.

An additional thing I like is that the blade is enclosed, so dc should be a little easier vis-a-vis a regular contractor saw.

The only concern I have is the stock fence. It's not the Alumaclassic that ships with the 1023 or 0478

The other thing I can't figure out is that unlike other contractor saws, this one ships in 2 boxes and weighs about 400lbs - vs 200-300 for other contractors.

I can only suppose it's beefier parts; this saw smells more like a hybrid than a contractor to me.

Shawn Walker
06-20-2008, 2:07 PM
Do you mean the G0661?
I was considering that one.
-----------------------------------------------
Nope. I meant the 3hp. cab. model. :D

Chris Ricker
06-20-2008, 6:44 PM
FWIW, Shawn
not more than an hour ago I called Grizzly and asked for a quote on the GO651 (no price increase, yet:o) I will probably order on Monday. I have agonized over this decision for several months and came to the conclusion this saw will best meet my needs. It came highly recommended by fellow creekers as well as the woodworkers I know. The riving knife was a major selling point and it fit into my budget. if you would care for a review though, you will have to wait because they are back ordered till July 11th.:(

Best of luck on your search.:)