PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
04-16-2004, 9:03 AM
Good Friday Morning Everyone,

The sun is shining and the wind is blowing here in Okieland. Supposed to be 82 here today. This all means that there will be plenty of yard and garden work to do this weekend. Ah, spring. :rolleyes: Between the yard work and the day job running fast and furious, there has been little time for woodwork. :(

Oh well, enough of my whining, what's on your agenda this weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Jim Becker
04-16-2004, 9:07 AM
Well, it will be warm in more places than Okieland this weekend! We'll be in the 80s by Sunday, too! Hot dang! Spring at last after a dreary, rainy week.

This should be a fun weekend with a bit of woodworking as well as a bit of woodworking socialization. I'll be in the shop tonight for a bit as well as tomorrow morning. Martin Shupe is coming by tomorrow afternoon for a visit and we are then going to the Philadelphia Furniture and Furnishings Show before hooking up with Dr. SWMBO and another couple for our monthly "Third Saturday" dinner out. Sunday will be more time in the shop...if I don't get caught up in thinks like lawn/property mainenance. I also have some logs to tackle with the chain saw for turning blanks, etc.

Tyler Howell
04-16-2004, 9:23 AM
Playtime! I busted my @#$! Getting ready for the outlaws last week, so now, I coast.
A few punch list items. Putting in time on the shop makeover. Uncover the boat. Maybe throw some dirt in the air around the garden!
Oh Yes, Dinner and movie with a lovely lady.:cool:

Have a safe one.

Steven Wilson
04-16-2004, 9:48 AM
It's time for Songkran (Thai New Year), so we need to go to the temple and make merit with the Monks (Sat morning) and then get ready for the evening activities. In between time I should be able to get some grinding done on a metal bed I'm fixing.

Scott Coffelt
04-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Hopefully wrap up the night stand project (attach base, sand and finish). Do some outside chores.

Maybe wash the beast I drive, the dirt is even getting dirty. :p

Try some more fused glass tiles for the kitchen project (hopefully a new house some day vs a remodel of th existing). I tried 2 this week and with the exception of some bubbles they turned out great. Now how to get rid of air bubbles. :confused:

Maybe look at some more acreage, assuming my realtor calls me with some.

Maurice Ungaro
04-16-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm finshing (cut a couple of more pieces, prep, glue-up, fuming, and finishing)the kneeling bench for our wedding on the 23rd. About time I get it done, huh? I'll post pics, but it won't be until after the honeymoon....

Maurice

Eric Naessens
04-16-2004, 10:44 AM
My wife and I are planning on tackling a bunch of yardwork, as it's supposed to finally be up in the 70's here in Michigan. I should also be able to get the top glued up and installed for the coffee table I'm working on, and if I'm lucky, hopefully get it all sanded/finished as well.

John Miliunas
04-16-2004, 1:11 PM
Started tearing bathroom apart for remodel. Need I say more.....??? :(
Have a SUPER weekend, everyone! :cool:

Waymon Campbell
04-16-2004, 2:07 PM
It will be Sunny in the 80's here in the Texas Gulf Coast. But the normal high humidity hasn't shown up yet. I plan on spraying lacquer on the grandson's oak toy chest this weekend in preparation for his big 2yr old birthday party for him next week. Definately have some yard work to take care of.

Bruce Page
04-16-2004, 2:24 PM
I'm going to do a little metal work this weekend. I'm replacing the PVC air lines in my shop with copper lines. :cool:

Oh yeah, it's supposed to be in the mid 70's :) with some wind. :mad:

Tim Morton
04-16-2004, 5:27 PM
Started my VACATION 25 minutes ago...having a cold beer and contemplating doing anything but work for the next 9 1/2 days!!!! :cool:

Chris Padilla
04-16-2004, 6:06 PM
Well, weekend #4 of sprinklers starts. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel so I should be done finally. Hoping to get to some ww'ing on Sunday. Wish me luck....:rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
04-16-2004, 7:06 PM
Hello there Bob..!!!

Just planning on spending time in the shop doing some roundy-round stuff this weekend, turn a few more Freedom Pens to see if I can reach my goal of 200 by June of this year. I will have some flat work coming up before long as a guy a church wants me to build his kids a set of bunkbeds. I will more than likely not take any more commission work this year. Summer, heat and humidity is coming very soon and my shop work will slow down drastically.

Since my 2 year old Delta disk/belt sander broke for the 3rd time, maybe a new Delta 12" disk sander will show up soon.!! Whoops.!!! Was that a stealth gloat? :eek: :D

Best of weekends to you all.

Steve Clardy
04-16-2004, 9:09 PM
as long as I can till my Aunt from Rogers, Ark. shows up at my brothes house in town. She's up for some family geno work, looking for info on my grandfathers great grandfather, the Seeds side.
Sunday, don't know yet. May work in shop as I am pressed to get this cab job done so I can start another I was supposed to start this week.
This building boom at the lake areas is about to kill me off. Have enough work for probably 3 months now, doing cabinets and staircases.
Steve

Matt Meiser
04-16-2004, 10:08 PM
Tonight I installed a wireless access point in the garage so that I can get the signal out in the shop and installed the shop computer. I'm posting this from the shop! Tomorrow its yard work-moving dirt around and doing some grading. If it rains in the afternoon as forcasted, I'll get some time in the shop. Sunday is my daughter's 2nd birthday so we'll be having guests.

Fred Voorhees
04-17-2004, 2:44 PM
Will spend Saturday morning ripping down the vinyl siding on the back exterior of the old two car attached garage due to a door height adjustment. Time allowing, I also need to hook up the outside sillcocks and bring out the Stihl backpack blower to begin to blow away the first leaf blossoms that have inundated our driveway and patio areas. Of course, Saturday night it's another show of growling, ground shaking 467 Cu. Inch big block modified dirt track stock cars. Nothing like it.

Sunday morning will find me spreading some rough bark mulch on the many flower beds around the house and some other minor yard work before "the buds" come over to take in the weekly NASCAR racing on the telly.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-17-2004, 3:30 PM
It'll be a busy weekend. Clean up a few minor problems on a recent installation at local medical center. Move the 5th wheel and remove chainlink fence section so tree can be removed. Start gathering information city building code department wanted to approve my plans for my new shop. Package about a lot of electronics parts for return shipping.

Frank Pellow
04-17-2004, 3:34 PM
We had a last minute change of plans. I was supposed to be in Carlton Place (near Ottawa) this weekend doing preparation work on my daughter's new (to her) house before she and her family move in next week. There was a glitch, so now I will be doing work there next (extended) weekend after they have already moved in.

Instead, I am hand digging a trench for the electrical and gas service to my new workshop.

Jim Schmoll
04-17-2004, 5:13 PM
Well I went and baught some roses to plant, BUT it's SNOWING outside as I am e-mailing this. Guess I will have to settle for working in the shop. More than likly will spin a few pens also.

Jim from Idyllwild CA :cool:

Frank Pellow
04-17-2004, 7:36 PM
... especially when you have to "dig" through concrete.

I got about half the trench dug today.