PDA

View Full Version : if you have the PSI Table Saw Guard -->

Tyler Davis
06-19-2008, 1:09 AM
I have a question on installation of the Penn State table saw guard :http://www.amazon.com/PSI-Woodworking-TSGUARD-Table-Collection/dp/B0006FKJ0U

I am using it on a Delta Contractor table saw with two cast irons wings, but no extra extension tables. The length of the boom seems way too long. There is an outer and inner boom tube, both about 4 feet long. The instructions say to mount the mast to the right side of your saw, which is only about 2 feet from the blade. So the end of the tube would extend 2 feet past the blade - this doesn't seem right :confused:
So I am considering using only the inner boom tube, and cutting it short with a hacksaw so it ends right over top of the blade. Has anyone else has to do this, or it there a way to use the tubes without modifying them? I can't imagine most table saws have a right-hand extension more than 4 feet from the blade...

peter de tappan
06-19-2008, 6:41 AM
I don't have the PSI guard but I've seen pics of the guard suspended from the ceiling with ducting running along the ceiling to the DC. Or you could just buy a piece of plastic pipe at H.D. and cut it to size if you don't want to chop into the PSI pipe.