PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid TS3650 or 3660 size help...

Tony Cox
06-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I am building cabinets in my garage and one of the things I want to store under the bench is my tablesaw. I need to make sure I leave a wide enough space between the cabinets so this saw will fit. I don't have the saw yet. This is going to be my next purchase after a dust collector in a week or two. Right now I have a craftsman tablesaw and I know the Ridgid is bigger.

If someone could please measure their saw and let me know how big of a space it needs I would be forever greatful. What I am most interested in is front to back and left to right measurements. Height would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance everyone,
Tony

Brandon Powell
06-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey Tony,

The Ridgid TS3660 is 64 1/4" left to right, roughly 41 1/2" front to back (front rail to motor) and 36 1/2" tall. Hope this helps you out.

Brandon

Tony Cox
06-19-2008, 8:09 AM
Just what I'm looking for. :)

Thanks a bunch....

Tony

Tony Cox
06-19-2008, 8:23 AM
I guess I will be reconfiguring my plans for the cabinets in the garage. I was hoping I could store the table saw under the bench, but I am only planning on it being 30" deep. I don't want 10" or better hanging out the front. I also don't want an almost 5.5 foot span between cabinets. This doesn't throw too much of a curve ball at me. I had already prepared myself for this and have been thinking of a plan B.

'Til next time,
Tony

Vic Damone
06-19-2008, 9:38 AM
There are many non contractor saws to chose from these days. While it might be tough to beat the price on a new tool compared to the Ridgid, the advantages might be worth a look.

Better dust management, smaller footprint with the same depth of table, and simpler outfeed interface, are all good reasons to look for a non contractor style saw. Riving knife equipped saws are also beginning to hit the market.

Vic

john bateman
06-19-2008, 9:44 AM
It might be possible to assemble the Herculift with the foot treadle sticking out the back. If so, you could park the saw with just the motor sticking out at you, and not the entire 64-1/2" of its front.

The extra wide rails, with their 36" rip capacity...well there's not much to do about that. It's a feature, not a bug.:)

Tim Marks
06-19-2008, 12:00 PM
The extra wide rails, with their 36" rip capacity...well there's not much to do about that. It's a feature, not a bug.:)
You could always just cut the rails, if you envision never having to rip a panel 34" wide. They are made out of aluminum and pretty easy to cut (just wear safety glasses and ear muffs, because cutting aluminum with a carbide blade makes alot of shards/projectiles and horrible noises).

I wouldn't.

A hybrid saw might be more what you are looking for, since it doesn't have a motor sticking out of the back and it's 32" depth will just about fit under the counter you are planning.

Charlie Plesums
06-19-2008, 1:11 PM
When I had my Ridgid contractor saw, I stored it front to the wall, in the left rear corner of the garage, with the motor out... The car bumper came within an inch or two of the motor, but most of the car overlapped the saw.

Of course the garage .... er... studio was so full, that the car on the left was backed in, so that the driver doors could share space in the center, and passengers had to enter after the car was out of the garage.