PDA

View Full Version : Small Jet Jointer Gloat!

Brent Ring
06-18-2008, 11:30 AM
All,

A couple of weeks ago I ran across a Jet Model JJ-6CS Jointer, with a mobile base, 2 extra sets of knives, push blocks, and manuals, in pristine condition, listed on the SLC CL for $325. I was able to get the jointer for $300 cash. I know that everyone says go as big as possible, and I could have saved up for an 8", but this is my first jointer, and I thought it would be a good, affordable learning experience. I have absolutely loved it. The owner I purchased it from, who I believe is a SMC suscriber :)) took immaculate care of it, and it was ready to go. Here are the pics.

Jeffrey Makiel
06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Nice snag. I've owned a 6" jointer for 20 years. It has quite sufficient capacity for even the serious home hobbyist. And, it doesn't take up too much room in the shop.

Enjoy!

-Jeff :)

Sean Kinn
06-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Enjoy! I have the same one, with the same story...but Wash. DC CL for me. Sure, I would have loved an 8"...but for the price and size it's hard to beat. Especially in small shops (er...garages) like mine. I wheel it around about three times a week to get to something.

Jim Becker
06-18-2008, 12:01 PM
That's a good tool, Brent. Prior to buying my J/P combo, I had an identical Jet 6" jointer in my shop.