PDA

View Full Version : 4 year old Grizzly G1182Z 6" jointer

Jim VanBramer
04-15-2004, 6:43 PM
I have a chance to pick up a 4 year old Grizzly G1182Z 6" jointer for $150 (potential gloat :D ) The guy bought it, set it up thinking he'd use it and then never did. Anybody out there have one about this age and what are your comments on it? Thanks.

Doug Cowan
04-15-2004, 9:19 PM
I have had the 1182HW for a couple of years and have been very pleased with it. My thinking is that a jointer is a pretty baisic machine. I would look to see if the infeed and outfeed table as well as the fence are straight, and that they adjust properly. That, and given that it runs well, it sounds like a pretty good deal.

Also, Bill Crofutt, Grizzly Customer Service, tends to monitor this forum. Bill and his assistant Matt, have been first rate in assisting me on a couple of issues. I'm sure that should you run into trouble that they would help you out.

Kelly C. Hanna
04-16-2004, 9:12 AM
I am very close to pulling the trigger on this jointer myself. I know a guy who has one here in Dallas who is very happy with it.

Arvin Brown
04-16-2004, 9:50 AM
If you don't take it I will!

Jim VanBramer
04-16-2004, 7:40 PM
Well, went and checked out the jointer today, and he wasn't kidding. I bet he didn't run more than 2 boards across this thing. A little rust here and there from lack of use, but what a sweet deal for $150! Now the disappointing part ... he also has a Grizzly 18" Bandsaw (Model G1012 - 2 hp) and a 6" x 80" Edge Sander (Model G1140) that he bought at the same time, and he doesn't wanna take them with when he moves. Darn it!!! Now I've gotta find another $500! :D :D :D Like they say, when it rains it pours!
Sorry for the gloat ... I'll go sit in the corner now! ;)

Bruce Page
04-16-2004, 8:28 PM
Well, went and checked out the jointer today, and he wasn't kidding. I bet he didn't run more than 2 boards across this thing. A little rust here and there from lack of use, but what a sweet deal for $150! Now the disappointing part ... he also has a Grizzly 18" Bandsaw (Model G1012 - 2 hp) and a 6" x 80" Edge Sander (Model G1140) that he bought at the same time, and he doesn't wanna take them with when he moves. Darn it!!! Now I've gotta find another $500! :D :D :D Like they say, when it rains it pours!
Sorry for the gloat ... I'll go sit in the corner now! ;)$500 for both the edge sander and the 18" bandsaw? That would be a hell of a deal!

Jim VanBramer
04-16-2004, 9:55 PM
Yeah Bruce, that is for both ... so for the jointer, bandsaw and edge sander I'll be out a grand total of $650!! Couldn't have come at a better time either, as I've just started setting up a small shop on a VERY LIMITED budget.

Frank Pellow
04-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Congratulations on getting such a great deal!

I keep reading about great deals that people have fallen into on this forum. Maybe if I read about enough of them, some of the luck will transfer to me and I will get a deal on some of the equipment that I will need to populate my new shop.

Robert Gearon
02-03-2017, 4:06 AM
So how has that stuff worked out for you?

Matt Day
02-03-2017, 7:51 AM
13 year old thread bump - is that a record?

Most people in this thread haven't been active on this forum in years so you likely won't hear from them.

Chris Hachet
02-03-2017, 9:53 AM
Sorry for the gloat ... I'll go sit in the corner now! ;)

Would gladly take the bandsaw if it wasn't on the other side of the country....that is an amazing deal!

Chris Hachet
02-03-2017, 9:54 AM
Congratulations on getting such a great deal!

I keep reading about great deals that people have fallen into on this forum. Maybe if I read about enough of them, some of the luck will transfer to me and I will get a deal on some of the equipment that I will need to populate my new shop.I find deals right after i pay full price for something. I will let you know the next time I pay full price, so you can get the deal. Toronto isn't so far from Columbus.