PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota bound

Ross Sutton
03-10-2003, 8:38 AM
Good Morning, in a couple of weeks I'll be leaveing for Sarasota from Michigan. I plan on stopping at Gen. Industrial and Highland Hardware, any places in Sarasota or in between that are a "must see"?

Thanks for any suggestions
Ross :cool:

Doyle Alley
03-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Aren't you going the wrong way? Most of our Michigan yankees leave this time of year to go back up north. I can't say there is a whole lot to see down here in the way of woodworking, but I have met a number of very talented individuals in the area. Some of the turners produce beautiful work.

If you are going to be down a while, come join us at the monthly meeting of the Florida Westcoast Woodworkers Club. If you're interested, drop me a note at my work email and I'll get the details to you - doyle.alley@vertexinc.com

Ross Sutton
03-10-2003, 1:38 PM
Doyle, any time I can get out of this bruttally cold Mich. weather is the right time! Hey, thanks for the invitation, I'll check with LOML and get back to you.

Thanks Again
Ross

Rod Peterson
03-11-2003, 1:57 PM
<br>
Sounds like you're going to be a little late for the <a href=http://www.gatorpondbbq.com>Gator Pond BBQ</a> on the 22nd.

If you're in the area, come on over. Click on the link for information and maps.

Ross Sutton
03-11-2003, 2:33 PM
Rod, thanks for the invite, but I won't hit Florida 'til the 27th. Story of my life, a week late and $10.00 short!

Ross