PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell Delta 34-300

Marcus Isaacson
06-17-2008, 5:58 PM
Hi, I have been trying to find some information about this table saw, but haven't been able to dig up much on this particular model. I am guessing it is around 30+ years old. Anybody have one or used one? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Marcus

Simon Dupay
06-17-2008, 7:27 PM
Try owwm.com

Lee Koepke
06-18-2008, 9:04 AM
i have a 34-425 model.

the guys at www.owwm.com (http://www.owwm.com) have excellent info on old machines.

there are a few links for old paper. when i rebuilt mine 4-5 yrs ago, i could still get parts from Delta ...

Marcus Isaacson
06-18-2008, 9:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up on owwm.com. Even there I wasn't able to dig up more than just scraps of info. I might have a chance to pick one of these up for next to nothing, but it would need a new motor. It would also need a new fence and probably new bearings and belt. For the cost of buying all those things and repairing the saw, it would put me total at somewhere around $600-$800 I would guess. I wouldn't mind that for an exceptional older saw, but I don't know if it is worth it in this case. I will need to think on it a little more.

Marcus

Lee Koepke
06-18-2008, 9:23 PM
i was lucky. mine had / has a good motor. the bearings WERE fine, i think my arbor bearing finally gave out. a little tip i got too late was while you have the thing broke down, go ahead and get a new arbor bearing.

i only needed literally $6 of parts ( $11 shipping ) and a new Beis fence, which I use on my brand new Grizzly.

It took ALOT of time and effort to clean up the old saw, bad rust on top and case. The interior, trunnions, and other stuff in great shape.

For me, it was fun to do, and I 'got to know' saws a little bit in the process.

Good Luck, and enjoy !!!

Pete Bradley
06-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Ace Tool Repair has an exploded view at:

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/3430034301-p-1482.html

It looks to be little better than an upside down circular saw. Unless it was ready to work and really cheap and you really need a saw now, I wouldn't bother.

Pete