PDA

View Full Version : Dog Show Brag!!!

Guy Germaine
06-17-2008, 8:30 AM
I know that this won't mean much to most of you, but last weeked in Gray Summit, MO, Belle took Winner's Bitch and Best of Opposite Sex for her first point towards her Conformation Championship!!!!

Then, on Sunday, SHE DID IT AGAIN!!! :D:D:D

http://www.fototime.com/A56C89B52710C14/standard.jpg

Jim O'Dell
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!! Congrats! The first point and the last points are the hardest to get. Our first true show dog, and first CH, took us 14 shows to get that last single point. Got it under a judge that disliked big dogs, and ours was about 2 1/2" over standard. We were going to not go, but a friend told us "You can't win if you don't show."
Remember, the joy is in the journey. Dog showing can be a rollercoaster ride if you depend on winning to make it fun. Remember to have fun with new friends and eat good food when you dog show. Winning is just the icing on the cake.
Man, we could use some icing with our current show dog about right now!! :D Jim.

Doug Shepard
06-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh man, that's a bitch:(:D
Mine is a champeen bowl licker. Any points for that?

Chris Padilla
06-17-2008, 1:49 PM
My moderator ears are perking up at some of the language in this thread!!! ;)

And let me apologize right now but all this "purebred" (in)breeding is really ludicrous for dogs...it only hurts them in the long run. Okay, I'm done...and congrats on the win! :)

Guy Germaine
06-17-2008, 1:57 PM
We have a great time Jim. We've met some very good friends because of the Newfies. Not only do we get together and compete against one another at the shows, but we also get together and do Water Rescue and Obedience work together. It's nice to go head-to-head against these other people, and get a sincere congratulatory handshake (or give one) when one of us wins.

Some of our best friends are breeders, and they are there to show of their line and kennel, and they still get excited when we win!

Nancy Laird
06-17-2008, 2:50 PM
Congratulations on those first points, Guy. I know how exciting it is, as my (late) sister-in-law showed Weimaraners for years and she would always call when her dogs got points and trophies. Her last champion died not long before she did.