PDA

View Full Version : Hickory Bookshelve an Closet Doors

Craig D Peltier
06-17-2008, 2:09 AM
This commissioned project is of Hickory. The bookshelve is all fixed shelves. Below is 4 file drawers book matched.
I wasnt a fan of hickory until I got to work with it. It has some nice figures in it. Even some tigerstriping on the sheets.
The large doors are to cover a standalone closet (ikea) for this studio loft.
Again some really nice grain , book matched. The two doors in the middle were Ikea high gloss laminate that had to be cut to height. The opague doors were the old ones. Note I added height to cover clutter above. I dont think the picture did it justice. In person it looked real nice.
The shelve unit was delivered in a two piece. The shelves and counter to one, lower box was other. There were blind dadoes to connect the sides and dividers to counter to make a seamless connection to the eye.
I was afraid of the unit racking due to not having a back. I put some corner braces and a cross brace when it was gluing up and I got face frame on (just 1/8th wider on ply). I alos used a 4 inch nailer on the top that was cut into the dividers and butt jointed on the ends since outside ends were visible.

Dewey Torres
06-17-2008, 8:00 AM
Nice work!
Dewey

J. Z. Guest
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Nice work Craig!

John Thompson
06-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Very nice Craig.. and being from the foot-hills of the Appalachian Mountain chain I love hickory as it has much heritage that goes way back in this area.

Well done...

Sarge..