PDA

View Full Version : Lowes clearance pricing mystery

Herb Kelley
04-15-2004, 3:54 PM
Lowes put an item I am interested in, on clearance a couple of weeks ago.
Had lots and the price could have been better, so I thought I would play the waiting game. Checked this week and it was back up to full price with the clearance tags torn off. When I asked what happened I was told pricing is done someone outside, and while they will not be carrying the item any more per the computer, the item is again at full price. OK, I admit that I am upset that they changed the rules of the game but why? Do you think they will "clearance" it again?

Chris Padilla
04-15-2004, 4:02 PM
I guess you get to keep waiting? :)

Mac McAtee
04-15-2004, 5:05 PM
I appriticed to an old time gunsmith when I got out of the USMC in 1966. He told me, "Strike while the iron is hot." when we were making parts.

Bob Aquino
04-16-2004, 7:45 AM
Lowes clearance prices are something of a joke in the stores I shop at. A yellow tag may mean up to 10% off or it might not even come close to that. I saw a Dewalt 18v jigsaw with a yellow tag on it that had handwritten "last one" and peeled it back to reveal the original price which was the same as the clearance.
I guess I jaded. I expect a clearance item to be 20% or more off. I have gotten some good deals on clearance stuff, but not lately.

Randy Moore
04-16-2004, 9:10 AM
Lowes put an item I am interested in, on clearance a couple of weeks ago.
Had lots and the price could have been better, so I thought I would play the waiting game. Checked this week and it was back up to full price with the clearance tags torn off. When I asked what happened I was told pricing is done someone outside, and while they will not be carrying the item any more per the computer, the item is again at full price. OK, I admit that I am upset that they changed the rules of the game but why? Do you think they will "clearance" it again?
Get some one who works in the store and make them an offer on what you want and see what happens. Lowes does not stock the same thing in every store. I hate the place only because I work, Olathe Kansas, in one on a P/T basis. Make your reduction fair ands you might walk out with what you want.

The store sold a guy 25 sheets of sheet rock that was damaged for .25 a sheet. The wanted to get rid of them and wanted $1.00 a sheet he held out for a quarter. And got the rock.

Randy