PDA

View Full Version : Agazzani B-20

gaston harris
06-16-2008, 4:26 PM
Just bought a used Agazanni B-20 but the guy I bought it from didn't have the users manual. The saw has the lever table top tilt which I think is at least a couple of years old but I was wondering how to get the manual. Any online sites for Agazzani to download this? The lower guides don't look like they're set up correctly. Anyway if anyone has this saw and has info/picts of the lower guides would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Gaston

Chuck Wintle
06-16-2008, 4:33 PM
Did you try calling the company? They may even have a website.

John Thompson
06-16-2008, 4:42 PM
Eagle Tools in Los Angeles, Ca. @ 323-999-2909....

Jesse has been the distributor for Aggi for years and knows his stuff. Very helpful....

Great re-saw BS you have acquired...

Sarge..

Bob Marino
06-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Agree with everything John has said, but if memory serves correctly, that manual ain't too hot anyhooo. But there are some great bandsaw books out there worth the money - Mark Duginske's book is one of them.

Bob

John Thompson
06-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Bob made an excellent suggestion, Gaston. In lieu of a manual that won't tell you more than your eyes can clearly see, his suggestion of Duginske's book would be a better over-all investment. Once you become familiar with a BS in general.. no matter what brand they all basically work alike. What you see on one is self explanatory as far as nomenclature goes at that point. There may be variances but again BS's haven't really changed all that much in decades.

But the book will key on tuning.. etc. which is very important with a BS as it is very a valuable tool but probably the most finicky one in a shop. Again not much to how it works but much to how to make it work efficiently day in and day out.

Good luck with that "Italian Stallion"....

Sarge..

Narayan Nayar
06-17-2008, 10:28 AM
I've got a B-20, and I concur with what Bob says. The manual is more or less worthless.

The saw, on the other hand, is a fine, fine piece of machinery. I got more out of the Table of Contents from either Duginske's "The Bandsaw Handbook" and Lonnie Bird's "The Bandsaw Book" than the whole user manual, that's for sure. "Mastering Woodworking Machines", also by Duginske, is a good one to have around the shop as well.

The great thing about these machines is that they are very simple.