PDA

View Full Version : Steel City Table Saw Mobile Base

Richard Adamo
06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
I recently purchased a Steel City Table saw with a 50 inch fence and now I need a mobile base. I have the mobile base from Rockler where you use hard wood but that only supports the saw and not the extension wing. Does anyone have the steel city mobile base item number 80103 and 80104 and if so do you like it. Are there any other options I have 1/2 of a two car garage and the saw will be against the wall when not in use.

Thanks

John Thompson
06-16-2008, 1:35 PM
I don't have the 80103 main base and 80104 extension base that attaches... but I have seen them and the quality is good. They are made in the same plant Steel City owns in China. They are the welded tubular type that I find is best suited for a TS and extention table.

I hope that helps some.. Keep in mind they carry a 5 Year Warranty just as your Steel City TS. That speaks for itself, IMO.

Good luck with whatever you decide on...

Sarge..

Justin McCurdy
06-16-2008, 2:58 PM
Delta 50-289 mobile base: around 165 on Amazon. It supports the saw and extension tables. I have had mine for over a year and it works great.

John Thompson
06-16-2008, 3:16 PM
Justin is correct as I have the base under my Uni-saw also. But... I would highly suggest you measure your base cabinet on the SC. I just came back up from the shop on break and went back down and measured. The Uni-Saw base will accept 20 3/4" x 20 3/4". I may have a 1/4" play with the saw sitting in it as it fits like a glove.

I would ask Justin to measure the extension portion also as I run 30" rails as I use my TS stricky for ripping. The small extension on my right side is mounted between the right rails and has one support on the end in the center. If you consider the Delta.. be sure it fits before the fact...

Regards...

Sarge..

Richard Adamo
06-16-2008, 4:26 PM
The base on the steel city saw is 22 1/2 x 23 1/2 so I don't think the delta base will work. I think I will order the base from tool king it is the cheapest i have seen. The only problem is they are out of stock until the end of June.

Randal Cobb
06-16-2008, 4:32 PM
IIRC, the cabinets on the SC saws vary depending on model. My 35-640 is 20" x 20" so the delta would work... the 5hp models are (IIRC) 22 1/5" x 23 1/2", so it wouldn't work. If you want to see base sizes, look at your model number at SC's website and it should give you base dimensions.

John Thompson
06-16-2008, 4:49 PM
As Randall ( hey Mr. Cobb) stated.. they vary and that is the size of the 5 HP. Now... I would be happy to exchange a Uni-saw that is already on a base even if that is the Steel City 5 HP to get you up and running. I could bring it up to you in my truck at no charge.

My nice guy gesture for the day...:D

Again.. good luck and BTW.. if you had HTC custom build a tubular base you would most likely wait longer than that. You might try called Redmond and Son Machinery in Atlanta just to see if they might have one. But.. Tool-Kings prices with shipping are hard to beat.

Sarge..