PDA

View Full Version : A couple cabinets for my brother

Kurt Strandberg
06-16-2008, 5:46 AM
I don't normally do stuff this big but my brother wanted a couple cabinets and a counter top for a bar in his 4 season porch.

He bought all the wood and I made him a tall one to hold glasses and appliances and the stereo and other electronics, and the shorter cabinet they wanted a drawer and a wine rack if possible and the bottom shelf to hold bottles.

The counter top we made from 2X10's with 3/8" ripped of each side to square them up the we doweled and glued them together.

They did all the staining also, I don't like to stain or paint

I think they turned out all right and they are happy.

Dewey Torres
06-16-2008, 7:28 AM
Well... that turned out nicely and I see it didn't take them long to stock it as well~
Dewey

Jim Becker
06-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Very nice, Kurt.

Tony Cox
06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
I would say they came out nice. I am not sure my brother is worth all that effort.:rolleyes:

Great work...

Tony

John Thompson
06-16-2008, 1:44 PM
Very nicely done Kurt. Really blends well with the rustic look he has created with the paneling. I wish I had time to do more projects for family.. but my lovely considers my 6-8 hours a day shop-time as belonging exclusively to her until I am officially released to free-lance which doesn't appear to be on the near horizon. :D

Well done...

Sarge

J. Z. Guest
06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
SUPER nice Kurt! The refrigerator is pimp-tronic. I'm jealous.

Doing projects for others isn't as bad if one doesn't have to do the finishing.

Fellas, the lesson here is to swindle others into doing that jazz. (just like Normy does!) Every time my wife pressures me to hurry up with the bedroom set, I tell her: "Well Sweet-Pea, it would sure go faster if I didn't have to do all the finishing too..." and that's the end of that conversation for a month or so! :D

Again, nice work Kurt. :cool: