PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm still around

Bill Wyko
06-15-2008, 2:14 PM
I'm back from Hawaii. It was a great trip. I'm now having to care for my Dad after a major Spinal opperation. I'll be back to turning and wood working in a month or so. I'll be in on and off when I can. I do have some great pics to post and I will as soon as possible. I'll be back asap.:)

Steve Schlumpf
06-15-2008, 2:16 PM
Bill - glad to see you back! I wish your Dad a speedy and full recovery! Back surgery is no fun but once healed it is always worth it! Looking forward to the pictures!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-15-2008, 2:24 PM
Glad to hear from you Bill! I'll keep your Dad in my thoughts and prayers wishing a quick and complete recovery.

robert hainstock
06-15-2008, 4:22 PM
Will be praying for your dad, and for his caregivers. :):)
Bob

Bill Wyko
06-15-2008, 5:08 PM
Thanks guys, you're a great bunch of friends. My Dads had A real tough time of it. He's got more titanium than most race cars. 2 Weeks after the first opperation they had to go back in because of an infection called MRSA. It really took him down. He's doing much better now but it'll still be a slow road to recovery. This is the strongest man alive in my book. At 81 he's kicking this thing in the butt. Thanks again for the prayers. Trust me, they work. They really do.:)

Bernie Weishapl
06-15-2008, 5:17 PM
Bill good to see you back. Yep been there done that. Take care of your dad. I lost mine about 6 months ago and it is tough losing my best friend. My prayers are with you.

Bill Wyko
06-15-2008, 5:55 PM
Bernie, I'm very sorry for your loss. We almost lost mine when they had to go back in. I'm terrified of that day. Like you, my dad is my best friend too. Thanks for your prayers.

curtis rosche
06-15-2008, 6:32 PM
MRSA is a scary infection, i know 2 people who had it this year, one of them almost died. your dad must be a very strong person, i hope he recovers quickly.

jeremy levine
06-16-2008, 3:58 PM
MRSA is a scary infection,.... Yes very, my wishes for a quick recovery and don't take the precautions at the hospital to lightly