PDA

View Full Version : Table saw problem

John Pelino
06-15-2008, 12:43 PM
I have a used PM66 that I'm having problems with. I suspect it may be they arbor bearings but I'm only guessing as I've never used anything other than a contractor saw in the past.

The saw it not leaving a clean edge on the wood. If I place the fresh cut against a straight edge, I notice the cut edge is wavy. I've tried other blades with better results (thinner kerf) but not as good as what they produced on the other saw. It does not appear to me to be loud or making strange noises - its actually quiter than my old saw. There are little to no vibrations. The blade appears to "wobble" at startup and shutdown but I'm not 100% certain.

I appreciate any advice you may have if you've had a similar problem.

Dewey Torres
06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
This may indicate that the arbor is moving (since you have already tried different blades).
Dewey

Chris Rosenberger
06-15-2008, 1:12 PM
The bearings could be bad or the bearings where not pressed on the arbor correctly. There is a spacer between the 2 bearings & the spacer is what locks the arbor in place. If the bearings are not pressed tight to the spacer the arbor can move side to side.

John Pelino
06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the posts. I checked as suggested then I took the arbor off and decided to replace it with a new assembly (not much more than the cost of bearings). I replaced the belts and put everything back together. It works MUCH better now.

Thank you for the help.

John