PDA

View Full Version : The last of the pot pourri bowls

Curt Fuller
06-15-2008, 1:19 AM
Ok, this is the last lid so I'll quit bothering you with these. This one is Russian Olive with a Koa rim, 6.5" x 3.5", oiled and buffed.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/clfuller1_2007/russianolivepotpourri1.jpg

Glenn Clabo
06-15-2008, 8:00 AM
Bother? You're not bothering anyone with your work. It's nice stuff!!!

Bruce Pennell
06-15-2008, 8:58 AM
Curt you've done a great job on all of them. I have to tell you I liked them so much I just ordered a set for Christmas presents. Thats the thing I hate about SMC, everyone does such nice work and has such great ideas my To Do List just keeps getting longer and longer.....Thanks for all the pic's and ideas.....Bruce

Bernie Weishapl
06-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Curt that is beautiful. Never get tired of seeing your work.

Steve Schlumpf
06-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Curt - you've got this potpourri bowl stuff down to a science! Very nice work - again!

Terry Quiram
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Curt

All of your pot pourri bowls are excellent. Are you selling them? What tool are you using to undercut the rim?

Terry

Paul Douglass
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Very nice work Curt. Keep bothering.

Curt Fuller
06-15-2008, 1:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to put these for sale in a booth our turning club will have in a local art festival in August. It should be interesting, it's the first time most of us have tried the art show thing.

Terry, these are undercut with sorby swan neck tool.

If you plan to make some of these, the pewtar lids that have a solid outside rim are better. None of them are the same size or perfectly round either. This one in this picture was very fragile. I dropped it and it broke into 4 pieces. I soldered it back together from the back side but lost a small piece (at about 2 o'clock in the pic) and had to piece in a section of solder. Unfortunately you don't get to see a pic of them when you order, the same pic comes up for each product number on craftsupplies website.