PDA

View Full Version : More LOML humor

mark page
06-14-2008, 8:34 PM
Wifey found one of my paycheck stubs (a full page of info that has to be downloaded from my HR dept) and noticed something that I never did. I always claim for tax witholding "zero" dependents to withold more and even increase my Missouri witholding cause it seems like I always owe them no matter what.
The tax witholding information reads as follows:
Federal: Married exemptions 0
State: Married, Spouse does not work. exemptions zero

She saw the "spouse does not work" phrase and threw a tissy thinking that was what I told them.....not. I said it's a database phrase for me claiming zero exemptions.

Then because of the guy that I am, with a witty comeback, stated:
I could see if they can change it to: Married, Spouse works, but husband only claims her once a year!!!!!!!:D:D:D:eek:

Phil Sanders
06-14-2008, 9:00 PM
Good laugh,

However, I think I just might have to agree with your spouse. Re-read the statement....
The statement "spouse does not work" provides more information than the company needs to know.

Tax man, and your accounting dept, might need to know if your spouse receives taxable income, ie is employed. But if your wife is a volunteer 30 hours a week and receives no taxable income, for example, I would not state "does not work."

I think the statement should read "Spouse Income-not taxable" or "Spouse Income-$0.00 claimed" or "Spouse employment: Not specified"

Of course, this presumes there is a process to avoid the so called "marriage tax" where excessive taxation is imposed on Joint returns by your state tax authority. Otherwise it is none of their business when they calculate your withholding.

But most likely that statement is from the payroll software. Won't ever get changed.

Phil

mark page
06-14-2008, 9:10 PM
My LOML definately works. She might even blow me away on static income before my monthly bonuses are figured in. If she gets the position she is being groomed and in a 18 month training program for, she will definately blow me away on both aspects.
Hey, that may be good.....then I can retire and be a part-time Walmart greeter or something....more time to cut wood, lol:D

Ken Fitzgerald
06-14-2008, 9:49 PM
then I can retire and be a part-time Walmart greeter or something....more time to cut wood, lol:D

Get in line sonny for that job! I've got my eye on it when I retire next year!:eek::rolleyes::D

mark page
06-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Only you Ken!!!!:D

I already have competition for something that hasn't even transpired yet...take a number and wait...my mother always said there'd be days like this......:D