PDA

View Full Version : Need Help 30+ yr old Jointer / Mini Gloat

Joe D'Attilio
06-14-2008, 7:38 PM
Well today was Father's day for the D'Attilio family, as we live 2 hours away from "Pop"; and as my tool fetish and woodworking genes come fro mhim - we natually retired to the basement to talk "shop".

He was saying he just picked up an old jointer from my brother (the family flea marketer/bargain hunter extraordinaire) for $30 who I'm guessing got it for nothing...

It turns out ole "pops" got himself a rather obscure jointer as I did not recognize the lathe, nor be ti that i am an expert

As my father is rather internet not-so-savy, I volunteered to try and find some info - Mfg: "check", Model#: "check".

The jointer is a Sprunger Bros. 4.5" jointer Model # J450

The part i need help with is 1 of 2 things. 1 where an I find an old manual for this jointer and 2 where can i get repalcement blades or the blades sharpened in the NE Pennsylvania area - My parents live near Pottsville(Home fo Yeungling Beer) in Schuylkill(growing up here -you learn to spell it by heart) County.

Mini Gloat= Delta Shopmaster Scroll Saw - which i intend to use to segment pens and such as i don't own any power tools, and trust me segemnting pens by hand is a real "PITA"

Thanks that is all :)

Cary Falk
06-14-2008, 8:54 PM
PM sent with link to some info