PDA

View Full Version : Festool Question

James O'Mara
04-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Does anybody know if Festool sells their saw in a kit. I was hoping that they may package the saw and rails as a kit and manage a slight discount but if they do i can not locate it. Thanks for your help.

jimmy

Bob Marino
04-15-2004, 7:21 AM
Jim,

No, the saws (and all the tools) are sold completly assembled.

Bob

Frank Pellow
04-15-2004, 7:26 AM
The Festool circular saws (both the ATF 55 E and the AT 65 E) come with a 1400 mm (55 inch) rail. So, one rail is already built into the price.

There is a package (item number 00 502 in their catalogue) that a lot of people get that includeds both the ATF 55 E saw and the CT 22 E vacuum. That package saves you a bit of money and it is what I bought. I also bought an extra 1400 mm rail (item 482 975). , some rail connectors (item 482 107), and some clamps (item FSZ 120).

Frank Pellow
04-15-2004, 7:31 AM
I see that Bob and I had different interpretations of the word "kit". Which of us was correct Jimmy?

Bob Marino
04-15-2004, 7:37 AM
Frank,

You are correct. I was looking at a very literal interpetation of the word kit! Need to have a second cup of coffee before I post :o !

Bob

John Miliunas
04-15-2004, 8:41 AM
Frank,

You are correct. I was looking at a very literal interpetation of the word kit! Need to have a second cup of coffee before I post :o !

Bob

Bob, you also wrote: "No, the saws (and all the tools) are sold completly assembled." Good grief, man! :eek: This isn't the Neander side, where those guys make their own planes, markers, forge their own steel and go hunting daily to provide food for their families! :rolleyes: OK, so maybe they don't forge their own steel! :o "Second cup of coffee.."? You might want to wait until the second POT of coffee! :D Anyhow, until recent Mercedes payments (dentist bill for daughter :<) and discovering a roof leak, the Festool plunge saw *KIT* was pretty much next on my Festool purchase list. I guess it still is, but it's just going to take longer to save up for. :cool:

Dennis Peacock
04-15-2004, 9:17 AM
James,

Kit, No Kit, Pieces or just Parts.....Festool IS the WAY to go for your sanding needs as well as the jigsaw and circular saw. My very next purchase of Festool is going to be a Vac. I just have to get my septic fixed first and pay off TWO top of the line, fully outfitted HUMMERS...(Orthodontist, read braces for 2 kids at $5K each) before I can make those purcases. :cool:

Anyway...I have two Festool sanders and absolutely LOVE them.

<b>Bob</b>.....I agree with John M.......You better wait until AFTER the 2nd pot of coffee! :D