PDA

View Full Version : Shepherd Tool Company Chariot plane

Shawn Duarte
04-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Last weekend the Guild of New Hampshire Woodworkers hosted an infill plane building day at the Homestead Woodworking School. Doug Evans and Ben Knebel of the Shepherd Tool Company were kind enough to spend the day coaching us in the building of our kits. I just put the finishing touches on mine and thought I would post some pictures.

The building was very easy and it went quick. I was making shavings in about 5 hours. I took it home and spent about another 3 or 4 hours on cosmetics.

Dave Anderson NH
04-15-2004, 6:24 AM
That's a very pretty looking plane. You did a great job on it. I almost wish I'd chosen the brass over the steel now that I look at yours. I'll complete mine when I get the chance. Only the cosmetics left to do on mine too. See ya Saturday at the guild meeting.

Tyler Howell
04-15-2004, 6:36 AM
Hubba Hubba!
Shawn a work of art and functioning tool.

Mark Singer
04-15-2004, 9:22 AM
Hubba Hubba!
Shawn a work of art and functioning tool.

Hubba , Hubba ? Cute!!!!hubba :rolleyes:

Tyler Howell
04-15-2004, 9:45 AM
Hubba , Hubba ? Cute!!!!hubba :rolleyes:
Mark, Since I joined SMC I've run out of adjectives. There's no way to discribe some of the Awesome creations and not keep repeating myself.:cool:;)

Mark Singer
04-15-2004, 9:54 AM
Tyler,
I think this one is from Ralphy Boy....or was it Norton? Either way "your goin to the moon"

Roger Myers
04-15-2004, 12:05 PM
I really wish that my schedule had permitted me to be there as originally planned, but other priorities have taken over every weekend in the month of April.

Your plane turned out terrific and I'm sure that Doug and Ben were their usual entertaining selves...I really like the look of the brass sidewalls...and you've got a tool that looks and performs great.

Now, I just hope that Dave Anderson is safekeeping the brass sided mitre plane kit that the Shepherd boys brought down for me to build!! With my current schedule I just might get to it sometime this year!

once again, great job!!

Roger

Tyler Howell
04-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Tyler,
I think this one is from Ralphy Boy....or was it Norton? Either way "your goin to the moon"I picked mine up from Luci Lue in Mel Gibson's "Pay Back" I like the way she says it.:D