PDA

View Full Version : Doll armoire for my daughters B-Day (pics)

Jim Ketron
04-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Hello everyone! this is a great forum! the people here are very kind and courteous. I've been Looking at posts here for a few weeks and decided to join up. Im glad I did!. Its nice to know of a place to ask questions and get a good response to help fellow woodworkers to help accomplish their goals. unlike some forums that I've seen! My hats of to everyone!
Here is a doll armoire that I made for my 9yr old daughter. she told me that she wanted one for her B-Day to put her American Girl doll clothes in. well I almost waited to late to start on it! I only had three days to get it done for her party!
I did get it done in time, but I had to take a day off work to sand and paint it.
she was suprised when she recived it. she didn't know that I was making it. and it was hard trying to keep her from seeing it. I used extra material that I had to make it. (sorry the pics are not very good )
Jim
http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albuq78/IM000661.sized.jpg
http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules/gallery/albums/albuq78/IM000662.sized.jpg

Dick Parr
04-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Very Nice Jim and Welcome to SMC!

Glenn Clabo
04-15-2004, 4:57 AM
Welcome to the Creek Jim. Nice work....

Tony Falotico
04-15-2004, 6:27 AM
Looking GOOD Jim, Welcome to the Creek.

John Miliunas
04-15-2004, 8:50 AM
"Three days.."???!!! :eek: Sure, the guy just comes on board and has already caught on to what it takes to deflate my ego! :mad: I'd be hacking away at something like that for two weeks and then, it wouldn't look as good! :rolleyes: Nice job, Jim! I love making stuff for my girls and, if I make quote one of our other very formidable members, "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work" (quote from Mark Singer). :cool:

Randy Moore
04-15-2004, 9:01 AM
Welcome to the Creek.

I wish that you had not said that you did that in three days. Oh well I have no kids at home to make things for, waiting for Grandkids now. It looks like well thought out piece and you did good.

Again welcome to the Creek. .

Randy

Jason Tuinstra
04-15-2004, 10:23 AM
Jim, great job on the project, and a great reason to get it done. I'm sure your daughter loves it. I trust that this will be in the family for a logn time. Thanks for sharing.

Rusty Hughes, Indy
04-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Ooh, quick, hide this post and picture so that my wife and daughter don't ever see it.

Very well done on that cabinet.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Chris Padilla
04-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Jim, we need some details! What kind of wood, how finished (i.e. sprayed?), etc.! Very nice and a great idea. :D

Jim Ketron
04-15-2004, 7:38 PM
Chris, its birch ply on the sides/inside and select pine on the drawers/door with wainscoat panels and spray paint(for durability and ease of cleaning).I used 8/4 boards for the legs i cut them out with a holesaw and sanded them. I couldent find any small enough to purchase. it is 40" tall 25" wide 15" deep

Thanks for all your responses
Jim

Jim Becker
04-15-2004, 9:51 PM
Great job on that one, Jim! Of course, SWMBO is going to want the "big girl" version now...:D