PDA

View Full Version : Recommended therapy

Mike Cornelsen
06-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Warning - This may be alcohol talking. I've got more projects than Carter has pills. There isn't anything I can't get done in a 36-hour day. Tonight I came home from work and cleaned out the gutter on one side of the shop. Before I could get to the other side, it started to rain. I left the big door open, got out my lawn chair, popped open a brew and for more than two hours, until it got dark, I just sat there and watched the rain. I am a man at peace with the world.

Rob Russell
06-13-2008, 7:11 AM
Sometimes ya need to do that - just sit.

Al Willits
06-13-2008, 8:35 AM
I used to drive by houses when I was younger and see them old guys sitting in front of their garage just doing nothing, or so I thought...
Now as a older guy I find myself sitting in front of my garage from time to time, now I know why they were there.

Just watching the world go by and enjoying the moment.

Yes it is therapy, cheap and good.

Al

Joe Pelonio
06-13-2008, 8:45 AM
I used to drive by houses when I was younger and see them old guys sitting in front of their garage just doing nothing, or so I thought...
Now as a older guy I find myself sitting in front of my garage from time to time, now I know why they were there.

Just watching the world go by and enjoying the moment.

Yes it is therapy, cheap and good.

Al
We once had friends that lived across the street from people that always sat in their garage in folding chairs looking out the open door. One of those wet climate things I guess.

David G Baker
06-13-2008, 1:22 PM
When I was a child in a very small town in Michigan there was this man that would sit in a chair on the wooden side walk in front of a store, leaning back against the wall doing nothing but sitting there greeting folks as they walked by. At the young age of 4 I decided that I wanted his job when I retired. Later in life I found out that he was up before the Sun rose, chopped wood, fed and milked cows along with any other hard work that people couldn't do or didn't want to do. Guess I don't want his job after all because the career that I chose was much easier.
I haven't started sitting in a chair on the porch or in front of my garage door yet but I do spend too much time in front of a TV.

Greg Cole
06-13-2008, 3:52 PM
For 7 of the last 10 days, my LOML and I were without our 6 year old boy. He was in FLA visiting grandparents.... last Saturday the LOML decided she'd float around the pool for awhile since there were no kids about to splash and be umm... kids. I grabbed another float and was right behind her....
After about an hour of us floating around and holding hands in blessed silence, she looked at me and said "hun, you never sit still for an hour...." before she realized what she was saying.... so 'bout 10 minutes later I was back to staining the fence I just finished building a few weeks ago.

Cheers.
Greg

JohnT Fitzgerald
06-13-2008, 3:54 PM
I hope that wasn't her way of telling you to get back to work.....

Steven Wilson
06-14-2008, 1:12 AM
That's what your suppose to do. I use to work in Saudi (not much in the way of rain) and would try to spend as much R&R time in Thailand as I could. It was easy to tell the M.E. expats as we would be sitting outside in the rain drinking beer and enjoying the downpour (the barmaids shirts look good in the rain BTW). Geese, cotton dries quickly so what's the problem.