PDA

View Full Version : More Bottle Stoppers

Dick Parr
04-14-2004, 4:02 PM
In between making the pens, I have been adding to my bottle stopper collection. I also made my first box/stand for a cocobolo stopper today. The chrome stoppers look nice and are my favorite, but the cork and silicon stoppers cost a lot less to make. I can make 8 cork or silicon stoppers for the price of one chrome stopper.

So far all our friends and family are happy with there stoppers. :D

Thanks for looking.

Glenn Clabo
04-14-2004, 4:20 PM
Dick...You are good!

Chris Padilla
04-14-2004, 5:05 PM
Dick,

Glad to see you are having too much fun making these. You are doing very well. Do you have a goal of some kind to make a stopper from every kind of wood possible? :) Do you now? :D

Excellent work, excellent work. You'll need to build a much bigger display cabinet now! :)

What are the minimal dimensions of wood you like to start with for a typical stopper?

Dick Parr
04-14-2004, 5:56 PM
Thanks Glenn and Chris for the comments.

Chris, the reason there are so many different types of wood is because when I started these stoppers, I bought the starter kit from PSI and they included 2 packs of 5 different types of wood blanks. The blanks they supplied are 2”x2”x2-3/8”. The small walnut one second from the right started out about 1-1/4’ square by 2’ long. I had some mahogany, walnut, maple and purpleheart on hand and then got some babinga (?) and brazilian cherry at Woodcraft. So far I like the cocobolo and zebrawood the most. I have some red oak and cherry ones to make next. :)

Julie Wright
04-14-2004, 9:50 PM
Very Nice looking bottle stoppers.
I hope you have a lot of wine drinking friends, if they
are half as addictive at PENS then everyone you know will have one
for his/her next bday !! :) :) :)

thanks for sharing :D :)

Dale Thompson
04-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Dick,

I'm not sure how they look on a bottle but they sure look GREAT as a collection on your display shelf!! :) Nice work, Dick. VERY nice work!!

Maybe it's silly, but sometimes potentially functional items are great as display items. Yours are obviously in that category! :) :)

Dale T.

Alan Tolchinsky
04-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Dick, I love the shape you did as well as the beautiful wood. Great job.