PDA

View Full Version : a little help, Delta JT360 knife screws

Douglas Brummett
06-11-2008, 4:08 PM
Okay, scored a heck of a deal on a delta JT360 floor model at Lowe's. it was without the knives or hardware. No big deal, I found several vendors for most parts prior to committing to purchase.

Well, I only found the knife screws at one vendor. After placing my order I received notice that they don't actually have the screws :mad:

Problem is that nobody has the screws and they are back ordered at Delta/BD/Dewalt until august :rolleyes:

At this point I can stop, return the other parts, and just go to a Sunhill spiral head. I would have to suck up the $50 in shipping to do so, but this may be the best solution.

Does anyone know what the knife screws are for this jointer? All documentation seems to be intentionally lacking. Any help greatly appreciated. I will paypal you money for a beer if you take the time to pull a screw from your jointer and actually measure it :D :D :D

jerry nazard
06-11-2008, 4:58 PM
Douglas,

I don't own a JT 360 so my reply is only an educated guess: M6 x 1.00. If that works, I'll buy you a beer....

Best!

-Jerry

Douglas Brummett
06-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Dang, now that is a good deal :D

I think my mind got made up for me this morning. Turns out that a second vendor only had a 5 of the leveling nuts and those are custom. So I placed an order with Sunhill for a spiral cutter head. Sunhill is selling the non helix version for about $150 (it has hss blades, not the individual carbide tips). Should work better than the original and cost just a little more than the OEM parts.

I will have to suck up return shipping on the oem parts, e-bay them, or just put them on the shelf for another day. Not the end of the world, but for the additional expense of this run-around I am only about $70-100 shy of just having picked up a Grizzly G0452 and I am still about $40 worth of parts away from getting the oem cutter head functional.

Douglas Brummett
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Okay, M6x1.0 will thread into the knife holder but the fit is very loose and then it binds at the end of the tap hole. So I am not sure that is exactly right and I wasn't about to just force it through. Maybe the holder intentionally keeps the bolts from threading thru and damaging the knives. I dunno.

I installed the Sunhill spiral cutter yesterday. Overall I am pretty happy with the swap and it gave me an excuse to fully tear down the machine and get to know it a bit better.

I got a call this morning that the Delta service center was actually able to track down 12 knife screws, God bless them. I am now just a single jack screw away from having the stock cutter head complete.