PDA

View Full Version : First furniture project

Jeff Dunlap
06-10-2008, 8:56 PM
Hi all,
I just wanted to let everyone know that i have began my first real fine woodworking project. I have made shelves and birdhouse type projects in the past but finally made the plunge and bought a bandsaw, jointer and planer. Well i finally had the time to set up my tools and jointed and planed my first piece of rough cut lumber. I have just glue it up to used as a table top for a small lamp table. I will be attempting my first M&T joints in the next few days. i also wanted to thank everyone in the help with the purchase of m new tools. To let you know i ended up getting the grizzly G0555X bandsaw the G1182ZHW jointer and a dewalt 734 planer. And so far the jointer and planer work awesome. I will let you know how the bandsaw performs. well thanks again all.

Mark Kosmowski
06-10-2008, 9:05 PM
I haven't completed my first real fine ww'ing project either. I'll be interested to see how yours turns out! Good luck with everything, stay safe and remember, you can always come back and do more tomorrow, so don't push things and kick yourself for a silly error 'cause you were tired. Not that any of us here would ever do that. ;)