PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on Used Bosch 1617EVSPK router kit

Dennis Lopeman
06-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey guys - quick question for you experienced folks! I'm just getting my woodshop in my basement going and collecting up toys (I mean tools!)

I have an op to buy some used equip from someone quitting this hobby.

the Bosch 1617EVSPK = $135

While I'm at it - there's also a Fein Multi tool MSXE 636-2vsxl (older model) for $100 = I'm pretty set on getting that!

and one more is a Benchdog RT 150 for $144

Thanks folks!

Prashun Patel
06-10-2008, 1:21 PM
Um, JUMP on it.
The bosch 1617 gets fantastic reviews around here. You can't go wrong assuming he kept it in good shape.

One word of caution: The older magnesium bases can oxidize w time, which'll impede the ability to raise and lower. Even so, Bosch'll probably fix it for free.

That's a great bargain.

Anthony Whitesell
06-10-2008, 1:24 PM
I have the Bosch 1617EVSPK and it's a nice setup. The package deal on the shelf includes the guide centering cone, a fixed and a plunge base, the Bosch guide mounting plate, and through-table t-handle adjuster for the fixed base. Sometimes the edge guide kit is included. The lowest price I have found on sale was $200. Knowing what I know now, I can tell you,that I'd snatch it up for $135 if the motor and bases don't show signs of corrosion and the switches on the motor are working.

Dennis Lopeman
06-10-2008, 1:47 PM
Thanks, you guys! That's kinda my take on it too. I believe this router will be destined for a table... but the plunge will also be handy.

Anthony Whitesell
06-10-2008, 2:32 PM
If you are going to put the router in an enclosed cabinet under the table. Search this forum for a design my Bill Huber. I believe that his design will help prolong the life of the switches.

Prashun Patel
06-10-2008, 5:13 PM
The fixed base can mount to the table. The motor slides in and out easy, so you can put it in yr plunge whenever you get the hankering.

glenn bradley
06-10-2008, 6:01 PM
Get them all. Good prices. I would never fork over the money for a multi-tool, but at $100 . . . I would ;-).

Jack Camillo
06-10-2008, 6:05 PM
last week i paid 219 plus tax for the 1617evspk

Dennis Lopeman
06-11-2008, 10:00 AM
OK - so I went out to where those tools were being offered - there was actually another person getting rid of his entire business... Here's what I saw and i'll tell you which ones I got:

* Fein w/ metal case - MFXE 636 2 = $100 - fair condition. I got it! :)
* Makita Plunge Router 3612C (no case) 3.25 HP = $100 - a little beat up. I did not get it.
* Milwaukee Heavy Duty Router = $100 = a little beat up = I did not get it.
* Porter Cable Plate Joiner Kit 557 = $100 = don't know if everything was in it = I got it! :)
* Porter Cable 7518 Router 3HP = ~$200 = good condition = seemed to turn itself off at the slowest speed = I'm contemplating and can probably negotiate some more since I've found some new ones for $300... I would probably rather spend $200 on a triton, though.

OK - here's the kicker! Now, it was in pieces as it looked like someone tried to repair it or something, but still...... a Cmpnd Miter Saw: Dewalt DW708!! $25 = yup twenty five. I need to learn how to put it back together though! The guy mentioned something about bearing or something... I'll do some research today.

Ok = and how about 10 carbide tip 60 = 100 tooth saw blades = free!!!
Marathon, Freud, Ridgid Titanium, etc. - 10" and 12" - and one blade that I'm really curious about - the markings are all gone: Its red, made of a heavy and smooth metal (not brushed look) -- 10" and its thicker about a diameter of 5 inches out from the center and the red fades to black! Its real cool, probably 60 teeth, each tooth "faces" the opposite direction of the other (don't know how to describe that!) It seems to be pretty high quality, course I won't know till I use it.

EDIT: its called Alternate Top Bevel ATB... Rockler Saw Blades 101: http://www.rockler.com/articles/display_article.cfm?story_id=72&cookietest=1

Anyone have any idea what that one is?

And any comments on those tools up there?? I love Craigslist... I hope I don't get burned like that other fella that posted something about "Why by used?" yesterday!! ;)