PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Furniture and Furnishings Show This Weekend

Jim Becker
04-13-2004, 11:19 PM
For folks in the Philadelpia PA area, the Philadelphia Furniture and Furnishings Show is this weekend at the convention center. I've enjoyed it for several years now and there are usually many very fine examples of both studio and "more normal" furniture to fondle. More information is avialable, including a discount coupon, at http://www.pffshow.com/2004show.html .

Glenn Clabo
04-14-2004, 5:24 AM
Jim,

If you get a chance...and they have one there...sit in the new Moser Wing Chair. I'll be interested in what you think.

Jim Becker
04-14-2004, 8:09 AM
If you get a chance...and they have one there...sit in the new Moser Wing Chair, I'll be interested in what you think.
My experience over several shows is that Moser doesn't do them. But I did catch that new design in the latest catalog ("inspiration book") that arrived not long ago and it's quite a nice one! I can't imagine it isn't comfortable based on other Moser work I've seen up close and personal. I'm only sad that they closed their Philadelphia showroom years ago...it was a nice place to visit when I worked nearly across the street.

Glenn Clabo
04-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Jim...
It was at the Providence show. Both my wife and I tried it...and had very different reactions.

Jim Becker
04-14-2004, 4:28 PM
It was at the Providence show. Both my wife and I tried it...and had very different reactions.
If for some reason Tom has a booth at this show...I'll be in heaven and also will try out the chair!

Anthony Yakonick
04-14-2004, 8:45 PM
Hmmmmm, not much round stuff!

Jim Becker
04-14-2004, 8:53 PM
Hmmmmm, not much round stuff!
True, but the Woodturning Center isn't that far down the street for a side trip!

Jim Becker
04-18-2004, 12:24 PM
If you get a chance...and they have one there...sit in the new Moser Wing Chair. I'll be interested in what you think.
Halleluia!! :p Moser was at the show, along with a large number of other very fine makers. Martin Shupe and I did get to set in the new Wing Chair and speaking for me, it was very comfortable. The proportions and angles were "just right". It's a really nice reincarnation of this style that celebrates the beauty of cherry in a different setting. It would look wonderful in my house... :D ...even two would be better! ;)

Mark Singer
04-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Very nice design...it looks comfortable. We don't have a Philadelphia show around here?? :confused:

Jim Becker
04-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Mark, check with the Furniture Society. They may be able to tell you about a left-coast equivalent event.

Glenn Clabo
04-18-2004, 1:50 PM
It was just a little small for me Jim...didn't like how the arms fit. However...DR.LOML LOVED it. I'm 6'2"...220...she's 5'2"...???...which can explain.

None the less...outstanding design and awesome looking. I love his stuff...

We love the show up here...it's one of those shows where you just have to touch every piece. It gets bigger and better every year...and we never miss it.