PDA

View Full Version : Visit From A Creeker

Dick Parr
04-13-2004, 10:10 PM
My wife and I had a great visit today with fellow Creeker Joe Tonich and his wonderful wife and 2 sons, who are down in Knoxville looking the place over to see if they want to move down this way. We spent the rainy day driving around showing them the area and points of interest. With all the talking and driving around, I didn’t get a picture of Joe and his lovely family, but Joe got one at the restaurant that we went to for lunch so the picture will have to wait until next week when Joe gets back home. :(

Since Joe lives close to and is a regular at Berea Hard Woods, I got a nice surprise when he brought me a number of nice pieces of wood to make pens and bottle stoppers out of. I might even get a bowl or two out of one piece. I don’t have a picture of Joe in the shop but I do have a picture of the wood he brought me. :D

Joe and his family are welcome any time they are in the area and we hope they found the place to their liking and decide to move down and get out of all that snow up north. :p

John Miliunas
04-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Good for you, Dick (& Joe!). :D It really is fun to meet up with fellow Creekers. I've had the pleasure of meeting three of them, thus far and almost a fourth here yesterday, but he chickened out! :rolleyes: (Before Dale can jump on that one, I'll say it for him: "Yeah, I don't blame him!" :D ) Anyhow, it sounds like you had a nice time. I have found such visits to be time very well spent and am grateful to the folks who took the time to do so! :cool: